Jul 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Kevin Gregg has a 5.79 ERA in 14 innings this month and interest in him has cooled. So the Cubs are apparently pulling him back from the trade block.
ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that the Cubs “could wait until August” to deal the 35-year-old righty, who has 22 saves in 26 chances this season and a cool 3.05 overall ERA. The deadline for traditional trades is Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET but some players can still be moved through waivers up until August 31.
The Braves were said to have some interest in Gregg back in late June. The veteran reliever is scheduled to hit the free agent market this winter.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 32
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 60
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)