Jul 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
Kevin Gregg has a 5.79 ERA in 14 innings this month and interest in him has cooled. So the Cubs are apparently pulling him back from the trade block.
ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that the Cubs “could wait until August” to deal the 35-year-old righty, who has 22 saves in 26 chances this season and a cool 3.05 overall ERA. The deadline for traditional trades is Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET but some players can still be moved through waivers up until August 31.
The Braves were said to have some interest in Gregg back in late June. The veteran reliever is scheduled to hit the free agent market this winter.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)