Jul 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Kevin Gregg has a 5.79 ERA in 14 innings this month and interest in him has cooled. So the Cubs are apparently pulling him back from the trade block.
ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that the Cubs “could wait until August” to deal the 35-year-old righty, who has 22 saves in 26 chances this season and a cool 3.05 overall ERA. The deadline for traditional trades is Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET but some players can still be moved through waivers up until August 31.
The Braves were said to have some interest in Gregg back in late June. The veteran reliever is scheduled to hit the free agent market this winter.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)