Miguel Cabrera (hip) out of Tigers’ lineup Wednesday

Jul 31, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT

miguel cabrera tigers getty Getty Images

From beat writer Tom Gage of the Detroit News comes word that Miguel Cabrera is being held out of the Tigers’ starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale against the Nationals.

Cabrera left Tuesday’s game after aggravating his sore hip flexor while charging in on a groundball.

Ramon Santiago will start at third base and MattĀ Tuiasosopo will bat third for 60-45 Detroit.

Cabrera is considered day-to-day for now. He missed four straight games last week with the same injury. The 30-year-old is batting .359/.454/.668 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 games this season.

1. historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Well, sadly, I called it. The good news is that they are starting Santiago instead of Kelly. Small mercies.

• Detroit Michael - Jul 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Career OPS+ for Ramon Santago and Don Kelly both are 73 (average is 100 of course). It doesn’t make much difference, in other words. If anything, based on 2013 statistics, Kelly might be a better batter.

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Boooooo!!!!!!

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

There is no way Don Kelly has that many fans. Thanks for the hate kisses, troll.

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM

i would love to give you hate kisses if those are the kind you like /stares

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Oh, now I wanna slap you.

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM

or other kisses – i don’t even know what hate kisses are /stares

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

My haterboy fan club leave me thumbs down to know they are thinking of me. Jealous?

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

i’m jealous of luke scott’s way with the ladies – he has been mentoring me how to stare better /stares better

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM

It would be a stare down but your bigumpblockingbutt is in the way.

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM

i can’t help being the biggest and the strongest – i don’t even work out /doubles down on staring

• historiophiliac - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Honey them hips is gone
        That’s alright, I clock ‘em that way
        Reminds me of something James used to say…

I like ‘em fat
        I like ‘em proud
        You gotta have a mother for me

Now move your big ass round this way
        So i can work on that zipper, baby.

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM

cuz 2nite yer a star – and i’m the big dipper /puts on paisley boxer shorts

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Jul 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

us big booties love getting good slap /stares

2. jcmeyer10 - Jul 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Definitely getting traded.

3. kalinedrive - Jul 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Washington and Detroit were both off on Monday and are both off tomorrow, so it’s a two game series between two off days, so why are they playing a 1:00 pm game on a Wednesday?

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet