Jul 31, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Cabrera left Tuesday’s game after aggravating his sore hip flexor while charging in on a groundball.
Ramon Santiago will start at third base and Matt Tuiasosopo will bat third for 60-45 Detroit.
Cabrera is considered day-to-day for now. He missed four straight games last week with the same injury. The 30-year-old is batting .359/.454/.668 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 games this season.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)