Jul 31, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Cabrera left Tuesday’s game after aggravating his sore hip flexor while charging in on a groundball.
Ramon Santiago will start at third base and Matt Tuiasosopo will bat third for 60-45 Detroit.
Cabrera is considered day-to-day for now. He missed four straight games last week with the same injury. The 30-year-old is batting .359/.454/.668 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 games this season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)