Jul 31, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Cabrera left Tuesday’s game after aggravating his sore hip flexor while charging in on a groundball.
Ramon Santiago will start at third base and Matt Tuiasosopo will bat third for 60-45 Detroit.
Cabrera is considered day-to-day for now. He missed four straight games last week with the same injury. The 30-year-old is batting .359/.454/.668 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 games this season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 13
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)