Jul 31, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Cabrera left Tuesday’s game after aggravating his sore hip flexor while charging in on a groundball.
Ramon Santiago will start at third base and Matt Tuiasosopo will bat third for 60-45 Detroit.
Cabrera is considered day-to-day for now. He missed four straight games last week with the same injury. The 30-year-old is batting .359/.454/.668 with 32 home runs and 99 RBI in 100 games this season.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)