Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 PM EST
Padres reliever Luke Gregerson has drawn quite a bit of interest over the past few weeks. But he will apparently finish out the season in San Diego.
Gregerson owns a 2.91 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 39/9 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this year and he’s held right-handed batters to a .189/.241/.293 in five total major league seasons. The 29-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.
The Pirates and Red Sox were said to be “sniffing on” the right-hander when this day began.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)