Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 PM EDT
Padres reliever Luke Gregerson has drawn quite a bit of interest over the past few weeks. But he will apparently finish out the season in San Diego.
Gregerson owns a 2.91 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 39/9 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this year and he’s held right-handed batters to a .189/.241/.293 in five total major league seasons. The 29-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.
The Pirates and Red Sox were said to be “sniffing on” the right-hander when this day began.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)