Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 PM EDT
Padres reliever Luke Gregerson has drawn quite a bit of interest over the past few weeks. But he will apparently finish out the season in San Diego.
Gregerson owns a 2.91 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 39/9 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this year and he’s held right-handed batters to a .189/.241/.293 in five total major league seasons. The 29-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.
The Pirates and Red Sox were said to be “sniffing on” the right-hander when this day began.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)