Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 PM EDT
Padres reliever Luke Gregerson has drawn quite a bit of interest over the past few weeks. But he will apparently finish out the season in San Diego.
Gregerson owns a 2.91 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 39/9 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this year and he’s held right-handed batters to a .189/.241/.293 in five total major league seasons. The 29-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.
The Pirates and Red Sox were said to be “sniffing on” the right-hander when this day began.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)