Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 PM EDT
Padres reliever Luke Gregerson has drawn quite a bit of interest over the past few weeks. But he will apparently finish out the season in San Diego.
Gregerson owns a 2.91 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 39/9 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this year and he’s held right-handed batters to a .189/.241/.293 in five total major league seasons. The 29-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.
The Pirates and Red Sox were said to be “sniffing on” the right-hander when this day began.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)