Jul 31, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Mariners have traded Robert Andino to the Pirates for a PTBNL.
— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) August 1, 2013
Andino was outrighted off the Mariners’ 40-man roster in late May and has posted a weak .232/.294/.318 career batting line in 1,467 major league plate appearances. But he possesses decent speed, a good glove and can play all around the diamond. He will head to Triple-A Indianapolis for the time being.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)