Jul 31, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
Mariners have traded Robert Andino to the Pirates for a PTBNL.
— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) August 1, 2013
Andino was outrighted off the Mariners’ 40-man roster in late May and has posted a weak .232/.294/.318 career batting line in 1,467 major league plate appearances. But he possesses decent speed, a good glove and can play all around the diamond. He will head to Triple-A Indianapolis for the time being.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)