Jul 31, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
First of all sniffing is rude and it’s appalling that major league front offices dabble in such monkey business. But let’s move on. Here’s the latest deadline-day trade rumor from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe:
Pirates and Red Sox two of the teams sniffing on Padres reliever Luke Gregerson.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 31, 2013
Gregerson boasts a 2.64 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 170 2/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and he’s held right-handed batters to a .178/.213/.289 batting line here in 2013. The 29-year-old right-hander is making a $3.2 million salary this year and will be arbitration-eligible for the final time heading into 2014.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27