Jul 31, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
First of all sniffing is rude and it’s appalling that major league front offices dabble in such monkey business. But let’s move on. Here’s the latest deadline-day trade rumor from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe:
Pirates and Red Sox two of the teams sniffing on Padres reliever Luke Gregerson.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 31, 2013
Gregerson boasts a 2.64 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 170 2/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and he’s held right-handed batters to a .178/.213/.289 batting line here in 2013. The 29-year-old right-hander is making a $3.2 million salary this year and will be arbitration-eligible for the final time heading into 2014.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 53
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)