Jul 31, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
First of all sniffing is rude and it’s appalling that major league front offices dabble in such monkey business. But let’s move on. Here’s the latest deadline-day trade rumor from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe:
Pirates and Red Sox two of the teams sniffing on Padres reliever Luke Gregerson.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 31, 2013
Gregerson boasts a 2.64 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 170 2/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and he’s held right-handed batters to a .178/.213/.289 batting line here in 2013. The 29-year-old right-hander is making a $3.2 million salary this year and will be arbitration-eligible for the final time heading into 2014.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (73)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (71)