Jul 31, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
First of all sniffing is rude and it’s appalling that major league front offices dabble in such monkey business. But let’s move on. Here’s the latest deadline-day trade rumor from Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe:
Pirates and Red Sox two of the teams sniffing on Padres reliever Luke Gregerson.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) July 31, 2013
Gregerson boasts a 2.64 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 170 2/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and he’s held right-handed batters to a .178/.213/.289 batting line here in 2013. The 29-year-old right-hander is making a $3.2 million salary this year and will be arbitration-eligible for the final time heading into 2014.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis is working on a no-hitter against the Phillies 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 3
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 30
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23