Jul 31, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
As Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown first reported, the Dodgers have acquired catcher Drew Butera from the Twins for a player to be named or cash.
Butera, 30, has 490 major league at-bats under his belt and has hit .182/.230/.263 with five homers and 41 RBI. He is a very good defensive catcher, but his bat is so anemic that the Twins could no longer live with him as Joe Mauer‘s backup. He’ll be the third catcher on the Dodgers’ depth chart and insurance in case either A.J. Ellis or Tim Federowicz gets hurt.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 35
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)