Jul 31, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
As Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown first reported, the Dodgers have acquired catcher Drew Butera from the Twins for a player to be named or cash.
Butera, 30, has 490 major league at-bats under his belt and has hit .182/.230/.263 with five homers and 41 RBI. He is a very good defensive catcher, but his bat is so anemic that the Twins could no longer live with him as Joe Mauer‘s backup. He’ll be the third catcher on the Dodgers’ depth chart and insurance in case either A.J. Ellis or Tim Federowicz gets hurt.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)