Jul 31, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Worried about losing Nelson Cruz, much, Texas?
Rangers have continued to ask about Encarnacion and Bautista, but still appears that Blue Jays won’t trade either one.
— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnoblerCBS) July 31, 2013
This is more about the Rangers than the Blue Jays, of course. Even if the Jays aren’t willing to part with their big bats, the notion that the Rangers are looking for bats that big implies that they are willing to trade major prospects for an offensive upgrade.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)