Jul 31, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Worried about losing Nelson Cruz, much, Texas?
Rangers have continued to ask about Encarnacion and Bautista, but still appears that Blue Jays won’t trade either one.
— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnoblerCBS) July 31, 2013
This is more about the Rangers than the Blue Jays, of course. Even if the Jays aren’t willing to part with their big bats, the notion that the Rangers are looking for bats that big implies that they are willing to trade major prospects for an offensive upgrade.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)