Jul 31, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Worried about losing Nelson Cruz, much, Texas?
Rangers have continued to ask about Encarnacion and Bautista, but still appears that Blue Jays won’t trade either one.
— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnoblerCBS) July 31, 2013
This is more about the Rangers than the Blue Jays, of course. Even if the Jays aren’t willing to part with their big bats, the notion that the Rangers are looking for bats that big implies that they are willing to trade major prospects for an offensive upgrade.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)