Jul 31, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Worried about losing Nelson Cruz, much, Texas?
Rangers have continued to ask about Encarnacion and Bautista, but still appears that Blue Jays won’t trade either one.
— Danny Knobler (@DannyKnoblerCBS) July 31, 2013
This is more about the Rangers than the Blue Jays, of course. Even if the Jays aren’t willing to part with their big bats, the notion that the Rangers are looking for bats that big implies that they are willing to trade major prospects for an offensive upgrade.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)