Aug 1, 2013, 7:06 PM EST
While Alex Rodriguez could be suspended by MLB any day now for his alleged connections to Biogenesis, his recovery from a quad strain marches on.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees just announced that Rodriguez is scheduled to play minor league rehab games with Double-A Trenton on Friday and Saturday. The 38-year-old was cleared for game action after making it through a simulated game earlier today with no issues.
Of course, just because Rodriguez is ready to restart his rehab assignment doesn’t mean that it will actually happen, as word is that an announcement on Biogenesis suspensions could come down as soon as tomorrow. Meanwhile, there are conflicting reports about whether Rodriguez is willing to cut a deal with MLB or try to fight a suspension through an appeal. We have even heard that Bud Selig could use the “best interests of the game” clause to suspend Rodriguez, which would keep him off the field if he appeals. Fortunately, it looks like there will finally be some clarity on the situation soon enough.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)