Aug 1, 2013, 7:06 PM EST
While Alex Rodriguez could be suspended by MLB any day now for his alleged connections to Biogenesis, his recovery from a quad strain marches on.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees just announced that Rodriguez is scheduled to play minor league rehab games with Double-A Trenton on Friday and Saturday. The 38-year-old was cleared for game action after making it through a simulated game earlier today with no issues.
Of course, just because Rodriguez is ready to restart his rehab assignment doesn’t mean that it will actually happen, as word is that an announcement on Biogenesis suspensions could come down as soon as tomorrow. Meanwhile, there are conflicting reports about whether Rodriguez is willing to cut a deal with MLB or try to fight a suspension through an appeal. We have even heard that Bud Selig could use the “best interests of the game” clause to suspend Rodriguez, which would keep him off the field if he appeals. Fortunately, it looks like there will finally be some clarity on the situation soon enough.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (235)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)