Aug 1, 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
While Alex Rodriguez could be suspended by MLB any day now for his alleged connections to Biogenesis, his recovery from a quad strain marches on.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees just announced that Rodriguez is scheduled to play minor league rehab games with Double-A Trenton on Friday and Saturday. The 38-year-old was cleared for game action after making it through a simulated game earlier today with no issues.
Of course, just because Rodriguez is ready to restart his rehab assignment doesn’t mean that it will actually happen, as word is that an announcement on Biogenesis suspensions could come down as soon as tomorrow. Meanwhile, there are conflicting reports about whether Rodriguez is willing to cut a deal with MLB or try to fight a suspension through an appeal. We have even heard that Bud Selig could use the “best interests of the game” clause to suspend Rodriguez, which would keep him off the field if he appeals. Fortunately, it looks like there will finally be some clarity on the situation soon enough.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)