Aug 1, 2013, 9:33 AM EDT
We’re doing a new weekly video feature called “Hardball History.” It’s basically a “this week in baseball history” thing. We hope you like it. Even if, in this first installment, I called it “HBT History” by mistake. We’ll work the bugs out eventually. Promise.
Anyway, for this first installment we have Mickey Welch winning 300, 18 people getting into the Hall of Fame, Satchel Paige making his first start and the still mind-boggling Heathcliff Slocumb trade, without which none of us would be singing “Sweet Caroline” and “Fever Pitch” would still be about soccer.
Or maybe it’d be about the Mariners. Hard to say.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)