Aug 1, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
Peavy was acquired from the White Sox on Tuesday night in a three-team deal that sent infielder Jose Iglesias to the Tigers. The veteran right-hander will take the rotation spot of Brandon Workman, who was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket today and will work as a middle reliever in the minors.
Peavy, who recently returned from a rib fracture, owns a 4.28 ERA and 76/17 K/BB ratio over 80 innings in 13 starts this season. The Red Sox are hoping he’ll add some stability to a rotation which has been without Clay Buchholz for nearly two months.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)