Aug 1, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Peavy was acquired from the White Sox on Tuesday night in a three-team deal that sent infielder Jose Iglesias to the Tigers. The veteran right-hander will take the rotation spot of Brandon Workman, who was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket today and will work as a middle reliever in the minors.
Peavy, who recently returned from a rib fracture, owns a 4.28 ERA and 76/17 K/BB ratio over 80 innings in 13 starts this season. The Red Sox are hoping he’ll add some stability to a rotation which has been without Clay Buchholz for nearly two months.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105