Aug 1, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Peavy was acquired from the White Sox on Tuesday night in a three-team deal that sent infielder Jose Iglesias to the Tigers. The veteran right-hander will take the rotation spot of Brandon Workman, who was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket today and will work as a middle reliever in the minors.
Peavy, who recently returned from a rib fracture, owns a 4.28 ERA and 76/17 K/BB ratio over 80 innings in 13 starts this season. The Red Sox are hoping he’ll add some stability to a rotation which has been without Clay Buchholz for nearly two months.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)