Aug 1, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
I had totally forgotten about this, but last year Cal and Billy Ripken’s mother Violet was kidnapped. She was, thankfully, returned unharmed after 24 hours, but the perpetrators have never been caught. The Ripkens want him caught:
The family of Cal Ripken Jr. is offering a $100,000 reward to help find the person who kidnapped the former Orioles star’s mother last year … Aberdeen police spokesman Lt. Fred Budnick says the case has no new active leads. But Cal Ripken says he hopes the reward will help re-energize the case.
It’s also going to be featured on “America’s Most Wanted,” which is apparently still a thing, strangely enough.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)