Ripken Family offers $100K reward for information about their mother’s kidnapping

Aug 1, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT

violet ripken

I had totally forgotten about this, but last year Cal and Billy Ripken’s mother Violet was kidnapped. She was, thankfully, returned unharmed after 24 hours, but the perpetrators have never been caught.  The Ripkens want him caught:

The family of Cal Ripken Jr. is offering a $100,000 reward to help find the person who kidnapped the former Orioles star’s mother last year … Aberdeen police spokesman Lt. Fred Budnick says the case has no new active leads. But Cal Ripken says he hopes the reward will help re-energize the case.

It’s also going to be featured on “America’s Most Wanted,” which is apparently still a thing, strangely enough.

1. Stiller43 - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Its crazy how much she looks like Cal with earings and lipstick.

Back to the point – i would hope if someone had info when it happened, they would have “snitched.” I hope they get caught somehow though…

• fanofevilempire - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Cal should get off his ass and get Billy and go look for the kidnappers, who gives a crap.
      I have better things to worry about, at least you got her back.

• theskinsman - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

What a tool. What kind of low life worries more about if Triple Chins Hanky and his brother can work Selig the puppet to get out of paying A Fraud what they agreed to than someone being kidnapped?
        I wish Cal had offered the 100 grand for Kidnappers scalps. Now that would’ve been interesting. I hope whoever did this to the old woman dies a slow, painful death.

• jimeejohnson - Aug 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Typical New Yawk asshole only a POS posts a comment like yours.

2. mybrunoblog - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have to admit that when this story broke I thought it was some type of hoax. I also felt that given her advanced years,
    Mrs. Ripken had possibly imagined or fabricated the story. The Ripken family has plenty of resources so I have to think they have hired private investigators to work on this case.
    Either way this is a really weird story.

3. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

It’s really surprising there hasn’t been a break on this story. Cal is such a popular figure in this area, that I would expect someone would have snitched by now. But at the end of the day, no one was harmed, and that’s the most important part of it all.

I can’t help but imagine a scenario playing out that mirrored the plot of Celtic pride.

• historiophiliac - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I really thought O’s fans would make sure this person was found.

4. yahmule - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I would have a $100,000 reward circulated with the right kind of people to have that sonofabitch delivered to a remote location at midnight. The crabs would eat well for a few days.

• fanofevilempire - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

and I hope you get the right person, or will you just kill all the people deliver to the remote
      location, the reason I ask is there is a possibility a few people will be presented as the
      sonofabitch but they are not.

• yahmule - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I can assure you I will require a higher standard of evidence than Texas or Florida before we break out the pliers and blowtorches.

5. lrak76 - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM

She probably kidnapped herself.

• bmorejbd1 - Aug 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

You’re a douche!

6. overratedgators - Aug 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Not exactly sure how they’re planning on using “America’s Most Wanted” … From Wikipedia:

In September 2011, it was announced that Lifetime had picked up America’s Most Wanted from Fox and it began airing on the former on December 2, 2011.[12] On March 13, 2012, Lifetime ordered an additional 20 episodes.[13] However on March 28, 2013, it was announced that Lifetime had cancelled America’s Most Wanted after a two year run.[14]

7. pbastille - Aug 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Kind of an odd tidbit that I recall from the original story: she was driving a car that’s like 15 years old or so. Time for Cal to fork over the keys to something a little newer and more reliable…

8. foreverchipper10 - Aug 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

All I could think when I saw the headline was “AGAIN!?!?!”. Boy am I glad they are just looking for info on last year’s kidnapping and that she didn’t get taken again.

9. makeham98 - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM

It was A Rod.

10. Advanced Strength Training Programs - Aug 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Reblogged this on Kick Ass Fitness.

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3143)