Ryan Raburn hits two homers as the Indians continue to surge

Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox v Cleveland Indians Getty Images

The Indians have won eight in a row and they have Ryan Raburn to thank for their latest, a 6-1 victory over the White Sox.

Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon —  a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.

The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field.  At the moment they are two back of Detroit.

1. historiophiliac - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Oh, now you’re worth a shit.

• Francisco (FC) - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Don’t remind me…

• APBA Guy - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Seriously. I had the guy for 3 years on my APBA team. I cut him this year. Great timing.

2. Stiller43 - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Pirates-Indians world series, baby!!! BOOK IT

• Francisco (FC) - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Would that be the I-77/80/76 World Series?

• moogro - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

lol

3. Detroit Michael - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Yesterday, the Indians passed the Orioles in the standings to claim the last AL wild card slot. Seems worth noting besides the fact that there are 2 games behind the Tigers. A month ago, it seemed unlikely that the AL Central second place team might land a wild card slot.

4. irvin12589 - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Where was all this hitting when he was in Detroit? dude couldn’t hit a house with a bat in Detroit.

• Kevin Gillman - Aug 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I checked his numbers, he had one horrible season in Detroit, which was last season. But the guy averaged around a .272, with 45 HRs in 3 seasons. Are you Tiger fans being too hard on him? I know Leyland put him in the lineup every day last season, and he was just awful, but it’s not like he is a career .171 hitter. Plus you guys have Miggy and Prince, you didn’t need Ryan to hit in between the two of them there.

• irvin12589 - Aug 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

It’s more of like guys like him and Grilli for the pirates playing average/sub par for the Tigers then moving on and some how figuring out how to play again.

• Kevin Gillman - Aug 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I understand that, I mean you’re talking aboiut Brandon Phillips with the Indians was pure garbage, then he figures things out with the Reds…LOL But I know what you mean though.

• historiophiliac - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

We’re happier with our upgrades in Torii Hunter and Tui, thank you. We are trying to win a series this year. No time to wait.

• Kevin Gillman - Aug 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM

But he was your number 9 hitter, I mean I get Torii Hunter comparison, but Raburn might win a game this coming week against the Tigers, and take over first place. Thank you though.

5. janessa31888 - Aug 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM

WOOOP!!! (does a happy dance)

6. johnmc4202 - Aug 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

He was having a hard time finding a house worth hitting in Detroit. Sorry, too easy.

• irvin12589 - Aug 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

That’s because there isn’t a house worth hitting in Detroit lol. You can literally buy a house for $500

7. ditto65 - Aug 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM