Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon — a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.
The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field. At the moment they are two back of Detroit.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 74
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 116
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 21
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (116)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)