Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon — a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.
The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field. At the moment they are two back of Detroit.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)