Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon — a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.
The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field. At the moment they are two back of Detroit.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)