Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon — a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.
The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field. At the moment they are two back of Detroit.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)