Aug 1, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Rayburn hit two home runs this afternoon — a two-run shot to right field in the bottom of the third inning and a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh — along withan RBI single in the fifth. He finished 3 for 4 with four RBI.
The Indians’ streak has come at the expense of the White Sox, Rangers and Mariners. They now get three games against the Marlins over the weekend before a four-game showdown with the Tigers next Monday through Thursday at Progressive Field. At the moment they are two back of Detroit.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)