Travis d’Arnaud could be New York bound

Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT

mets logo

Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:

D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.

I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.

d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.

1. proudlycanadian - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

in d’Arnaud, the Mets got a promising prospect who has a history of being brittle. He is often injured.

• proudlycanadian - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Now you have me doing it Craig. I forgot to capitalize the first letter in the sentence.

• thebadguyswon - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

And they also got Noah Syndergaard, the prize of the deal, who is developing into the perfect Sundance Kid to Matt Harvey’s Butch Cassidy.

Just saying.

• proudlycanadian - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

When the trade occurred, I was much more disappointed that Snydergaard was part of it rather than d’Arnaud.

• thebadguyswon - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I have a buddy that’s a Jays fan that felt the same way. I figured d’Arnaud was the prize, but it might not turn out that way.

2. DelawarePhilliesFan - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You should see the style manual issues when Pete du Pont, who is a member of the Du Pont family, talks about the DuPont company (all those spellings and spacings are correct).

Forget PED’s – ban the French!

3. bballking3206 - Aug 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Word is that Juan Centeno will be called up, not d’Arnaud

• bballking3206 - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

So by knowing the facts, I get thumbs down. That makes complete sense.

4. steelernation88 - Aug 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Related to Chase d’Arnaud, right?

• richyballgame - Aug 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yeah,Chase is his older brother.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win