Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:
D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.
I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.
d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (73)