Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:
D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.
I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.
d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 6
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)