Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:
D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.
I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.
d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)