Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:
D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.
I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.
d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)