Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Mets catcher John Buck‘s wife is going to give birth to their child today. That’s great for them. Could be great for Mets prospect Travis d’Arnaud too, as the New York Post reports that he may get a chance in the bigs:
D’Arnaud was headed to Double-A Binghamton to continue his comeback from a broken left foot that sidelined him from game action for three months. D’Arnaud has been playing for just over a week. If d’Arnaud is called up, Collins said he wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the starting lineup.
I’m the last guy to weigh in on grammar, but do you capitalize the little “d” in “d’Arnaud” if you begin a sentence with his name? I feel like you don’t, but both ways look wrong. Anyway.
d’Arnaud (or D’Arnaud — blast!) came over in the R.A. Dickey deal. And I imagine a lot of Mets fans would love to see what they got.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 7
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)