Aug 2, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Darren Rovell of ESPN is reporting that Nike has severed ties with Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun. Braun, one of a handful of players implicated in the ongoing Biogenesis scandal, is currently serving a season-ending 65-game suspension. Rovell lists other sponsors to have parted ways with Braun, including Kwik Trip, Wilson, and Muscle Milk.
Prior to his suspension, Braun had been battling a right hand injury, limiting him to just eight games in June and four games in July. His 2013 ends with a .298/.372/.498 slash line.
Other players involved with the Biogenesis scandal are being given a 6 PM ET deadline Sunday to settle, according to Ken Davidoff. We are expected to hear the results on Monday.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 20
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 31
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 35
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 31
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)