Aug 2, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Darren Rovell of ESPN is reporting that Nike has severed ties with Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun. Braun, one of a handful of players implicated in the ongoing Biogenesis scandal, is currently serving a season-ending 65-game suspension. Rovell lists other sponsors to have parted ways with Braun, including Kwik Trip, Wilson, and Muscle Milk.
Prior to his suspension, Braun had been battling a right hand injury, limiting him to just eight games in June and four games in July. His 2013 ends with a .298/.372/.498 slash line.
Other players involved with the Biogenesis scandal are being given a 6 PM ET deadline Sunday to settle, according to Ken Davidoff. We are expected to hear the results on Monday.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)