Aug 2, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Darren Rovell of ESPN is reporting that Nike has severed ties with Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun. Braun, one of a handful of players implicated in the ongoing Biogenesis scandal, is currently serving a season-ending 65-game suspension. Rovell lists other sponsors to have parted ways with Braun, including Kwik Trip, Wilson, and Muscle Milk.
Prior to his suspension, Braun had been battling a right hand injury, limiting him to just eight games in June and four games in July. His 2013 ends with a .298/.372/.498 slash line.
Other players involved with the Biogenesis scandal are being given a 6 PM ET deadline Sunday to settle, according to Ken Davidoff. We are expected to hear the results on Monday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8