Aug 2, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Adam Rosales cleared waivers last month the first time the A’s sent him down, but he was picked up this time, with the Rangers choosing to add him to their infield.
The 30-year-old Rosales was hitting .193/.268/.319 over 135 at-bats in his two stints with the A’s this season. He’s a lifetime .220/.289/.334 hitter with 19 homers in 809 at-bats. Rosales is best known for his home run sprints around the bases, amid various other forms of hustle. He has the three fastest home runs of the season, all under 16.5 seconds. The A’s had cut him to make room for the newly acquired Alberto Callaspo on the roster.
Rosales will see the occasional start against lefties for the Rangers and serve as a backup throughout the infield. No countermove has come yet, but it’s possible the Rangers will send down Jurickson Profar, who hasn’t proven all that useful as a part-time player since Ian Kinsler came off the DL. He’s hit .216 with three runs scored and two RBI in 51 at-bats since the beginning of July. Outfielder Engel Beltre is another possibility.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 50
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)