Aug 2, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Adam Rosales cleared waivers last month the first time the A’s sent him down, but he was picked up this time, with the Rangers choosing to add him to their infield.
The 30-year-old Rosales was hitting .193/.268/.319 over 135 at-bats in his two stints with the A’s this season. He’s a lifetime .220/.289/.334 hitter with 19 homers in 809 at-bats. Rosales is best known for his home run sprints around the bases, amid various other forms of hustle. He has the three fastest home runs of the season, all under 16.5 seconds. The A’s had cut him to make room for the newly acquired Alberto Callaspo on the roster.
Rosales will see the occasional start against lefties for the Rangers and serve as a backup throughout the infield. No countermove has come yet, but it’s possible the Rangers will send down Jurickson Profar, who hasn’t proven all that useful as a part-time player since Ian Kinsler came off the DL. He’s hit .216 with three runs scored and two RBI in 51 at-bats since the beginning of July. Outfielder Engel Beltre is another possibility.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)