Two Rockies minor leaguers charged with first degree rape, face life in prison

Aug 2, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT

rockies logo white

This is ugly and awful: Class A Asheville relief pitchers Michael Mason and Jesse Meaux were charged today with two counts each of first-degree rape and first-degree sex offense. From the Asheville Citizen-Times:

The alleged offenses involved one woman and happened in the early morning hours on Saturday at the players’ apartment on Ascot Point Circle, according to a police incident report and arrest warrants. Both players have been suspended from the baseball team.

Meaux was released from custody after posting a $100,000 bond, according to The Citizen-Times. Mason is still in Buncombe County jail. Both have been ordered not to leave North Carolina.  The Rockies have released a statement:

“The Colorado Rockies and their affiliate, the Asheville Tourists, are aware of the arrests and the very serious allegations made against two players, Michael Mason and Jesse Meaux,” the Rockies said in a statement Thursday night. “Each organization is shocked and deeply concerned about the allegations. At this time, the players have been suspended as the investigation and legal process continue.

“We are working with the authorities investigating the circumstances and issues surrounding the events and are awaiting further details and findings. Given that this is an ongoing legal investigation, it would be inappropriate to comment or speculate any further.”

As MiLB.com notes, Mason had a 3.38 ERA in 21 appearances this season. Meaux had a 0.90 ERA in 16 games but hadn’t pitched since May 24 due to a right-shoulder injury.  Each of them face life in prison without parole if convicted.

1. jaturso - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Kinda puts the A-Rod circus in perspective…

• gerryb323 - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

But A-Rod’s a MONSTER!!!!

• southofheaven81 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

But A-Fraud RAPED baseball!!!

Nah, I’m funnin’. This is horrible, and if guilty I hope these two get thrown down a dark hole ’til the rapture.

• hojo20 - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yes, MLB won’t want to banish these two for life, unlike Alex.

• sabatimus - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

With DNA, fingerprints etc it ought to be pretty easy to determine if these guys did indeed commit a crime as bad as first-degree rape. If the appropriate governing body won’t ban them from baseball period, the Rockies organization needs to step up and announce that it will not have these a**holes playing for them ever again.

• fanofevilempire - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

it would be inappropriate to comment or speculate any further.

imagine if MLB understood what that meant, they wouldn’t be dragging baseball thru muddy waters, thanks Bud Selig you stupid old man.

2. detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Remember how you only took 1 part of what I said to make me look bad on your blog? I can do the same.

“if the allegations are true”
        This is so sad. This is the Jesse Ventura, Glenn Beck, Manchurian candidate type of discourse that our discouse has come to. We should all fear the government fealessleader says. “If the allegations are true” suggests a severe distrust of the government….blah….blah……blah.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM

That’s a clown comment, bro.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Oh my god. Stop responding to me. This is getting creepy!

• redbirdfan81 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Why don’t we wait for the trial? We’re still in America where EVERYONE is INNOCENT until proven guilty. Then all of you “Jesus impersonators” may pass judgement.

3. Shafer's Dealer - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I used to live in Asheville, you only have to ask…

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM

What does that mean, exactly?

• stlouis1baseball - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I think Shafer is saying the citizens of Asheville are very “friendly.”
        Not that I agree…and not that I would know. Just guessing that is what he is getting at.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Woodpecker, I think you rather missed the point, which was that it’s insulting to suggest that all the women there are sluts.

Have a nice day.

• benjisbigumpblockingbutt - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

gets the point /leers

4. buffal0sportsfan - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

What a shame that these kids get such an amazing opportunity to play professional baseball and they blow just by doing something stupid like that.

• jrobitaille23 - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM

allegedly

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

For this seemingless harmless comment, you are already getting ripped to shreds by our very own fearlessleader on her blog:

• buffal0sportsfan - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I know the seriousness of a rape but this is a BASEBALL site after all not CNN

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Oh, for crying out loud, Detroitfanatic. You call that “ripped to shreds” and yet you accuse ME of being the hypersensitive one? That’s hilarious.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM

No worries Buffalo, you misogynist.

No wait. You’re not a misogynist. You’re just ” less overtly misogynistic and cruel, but more subtly damaging”.

• buffal0sportsfan - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Ahhh but all that matters is that Dougie Foster is pitching well and the tigers are winning

• buffal0sportsfan - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Fister sorry

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Dog!

5. lingerie00yardsale - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I wonder who the Rays will give up to get these two?

• Old Gator - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

They’ll have to outbid the Bengals.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Low blow. Lueke has played for 3 different organizations. Josh Sale is still suspended because of a Twitter comment about strippers.

Detroit’s own, Miggy, is a wife beater. The O’s K-rod is a wife beater. The Nats had Elijah Dukes on their roster after the Rays released him. ManRam was charged with spousal abuse only to be signed by the A’s and Rangers. The Indians have Brett Myers, who likes beating women. Julio Lugo won a World Series ring with the Sox after beating his wife.

• bh192012 - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

So you’re saying steroids side effects make some people want to beat their wives? Puts this whole A-Rod thing into perspective.

• geoknows - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

It’s not just Lueke. The Rays have taken on more than their fair share of scumbags.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Who Geo? Luke Scott? He is a birther/survivalist but harmless. Yunel? He called someone a homophobic slur. Not good but not worth lumping him with some of these guys. Matt Bush was a thought to be sober drug abuser. He screwed up majorly, and was released shortly after. Josh Lueke is about the only scumbag I can think of that they got knowing he was a bad person.

Are you a Yankees fan? Arod is scum. Youklis used his helmet as a weapon to hit Rick Porcello making his 3rd career start. The Yankees were sued by their concession workers for illegally garnishing their tip money (a billion dollar franchise stole from it’s minimum wage employees). Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden could have gone the Matt Bush route too.

Red Sox fan? Their clubhouse manager, Drake Fitzpatrick, was a pedophile. Manny slung a senior citizen to the ground and was allowed to return to the field. Julio Lugo was their starting shortstop for their 2008 WS winner. Donald Britton, got a dui in spring training forgoing 111 mph. Drake Britton got his first MLB win last night.

All clubs have sleazes working for them.

• raysfan1 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Couldn’t have said it better, detroitfanatic, thanks.

• theskinsman - Aug 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Hurting women is fine with professional sports.Just make damn sure no one uses a word deemed ‘the magic word’, or it’s career over.

6. drewsylvania - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I’m glad to see sentences for rape ha e gone way up. It used to be, say, three years or something. Good on NC to bring severe penalties for this s**t.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I always thought rape was a crime punishable by death. I’m thinking back to college. Treason, Kidnapping, Murder and Rape, right? Especially in a red state.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Just looked it up. Not in NC. It’s been a while since I took deviancy and criminolgy classes in college.

Treason and kidnapping are federal crimes eligible for the death penalty. Only murder will get the state of NC to execute you. Don’t mess around in Florida though :”First-degree murder; felony murder; capital drug trafficking; capital sexual battery.”

• tedwmoore - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM

This is no longer a state-by-state issue: the Supreme Court held that rape is not a crime for which the death penalty may be imposed.

• yahmule - Aug 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

The major problem with making rape a capital crime is it gives the rapist more incentive to kill the victim. Capital punishment should be reduced, not expanded.

7. natslady - Aug 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Unbelievably bad. First degree rape (if guilty), they really messed up that victim. Sounds like two guys who should have been sent home (from reading the article, neither one was actively pitching), rather than hang in that town and that apartment with nothing to do for hour after hour, day after day, except maybe a little rehab.

• mybrunoblog - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Wtf is that supposed to mean? They’re only rapists because they were hanging around with nothing to do? I guess according to your odd way of thinking all young adults better stay busy or else they might rape someone.

• natslady - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Something like that, yes. Young men of that age, who are probably at loose ends, without any real occupation, lot of hours on their hands, they can’t really go because they are tied to the team, and yet they are on the fringes, and with just enough money to get drunk/drugs–yeah. I don’t know the circumstances, I’m trying to imagine their lives. A-ball guys at age 23, that’s a bit old for the level.

Your comments is ridiculous, I never said EVERY unemployed young man is a rapist. But it does seem to me that minor-leaguers who are not actually playing, are old for their level, etc., that’s where you get trouble, DUI’s etc. They have a energy and youth but no outlet (or very little outlet).

• sabatimus - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM

natslady, your response to mybrunoblog is one of the most absurd, ignorant, ill-informed, biased, and foolish comments I’ve ever read. You say you don’t know their circumstances and that you’re trying to imagine their lives…you should have just stopped with the first part. Because the rest of it is you making massive assumptions about “young men of that age”. You try to defend your argument with “I never said EVERY…”, which is an obvious statement; that statement, however, is nearly contradicted by your sweeping aspersions.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read something THIS asinine from a non-troll, and that’s saying a lot.

• historiophiliac - Aug 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

• richarddansky - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Asheville is a lovely, vibrant town with a helluva lot to do.

Assholes remain assholes, however, no matter where they are.

• natslady - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I’ve been to Asheville, it is indeed a lovely town.

• sabatimus - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

What does hanging around with nothing to do have to do with it? Somehow that automatically warrants a character assassination? I am not in any way whatsoever defending these two scumbags; I’m just taking issue with your logic jump.

• raysfan1 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Rape is not the result of bored guys looking for sex. It is a horrific, violent crime. A person who would do that will not be dissuaded simply by being kept busy.

8. chiadam - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Cowards. From professional baseball to the SHU.

9. 13arod - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM

lingerie00yardsale te rays dont get players that have trouble with rhe law

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

So Josh Leuke being on the team is just a mirage? Matt Bush was a giant troll job? Fausto Carmona was playing a trick on the US gov’t?

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM

They just refer to Fausto as “The Player to Be Re-Named Later”.

10. bronco58lb - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM

You have absolutely no game if you play professional baseball and need to rape a woman to get laid.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

….. *in dudebro terms. Sorry.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Damn. Nobody make a comment with fearless here to shame us all with the literal assumption of everything said here today. Chillax bro!

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Bite me, detroitfanatic. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem isn’t that I’m oversensitive about this issue, but that a few people here aren’t sensitive enough? Also, hint, I’m not a “bro,” which might be why I have a little more vested interest here than some of you.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

This is a very smart blog. The people here do not, for the most part, write ignorant things. You have made no statement. You just tell other people why their statement is wrong. I expressed sadness towards 2 young men that will spend the rest of their life in prison, and you jumped on me for not extolling my sadness for this poor woman. I feel tremendously for her, but know nothing about what happened. I, you, anyone outside the DA’s office knows nothing of the circumstance. You made yourself look good by making me look bad.

This guy says the obvious, that pro baseball players have a much easier time getting laid than the rest of us and if they can’t their ladies skills are lacking, and you jump on him like Gloria Steinem at a beer chugging contest.

There were no bad or insensitive comments here. Only people trying to make comments seem insensitive, that weren’t. So preach on sister. I for one will be ignoring your trolling.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Dude, seriously, she was nice to you in making her point and you made it about your ego instead of the content of the comment — and now you want to get back at her by trashing feminists??? Not cool. This is not about who looks good and who looks bad on a fucking blog. You’re not getting points by any of this. Rape is not about getting laid. It’s about a perpetrator enjoying causing pain and terror to another person. Hence, a joke about not having game is inappropriate. And trashing feminists b/c your feelings are hurt is bullshit. Gloria Steinem has done a hell of a lot for rape victims in this country — male and female — so I don’t appreciate you dogging her or making feminists look unreasonable. If you were looking to rehabilitate your sense of pride with that, you very seriously erred. It did not make you look better.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

“Gloria Steinem at a beer chugging contest” is your choice of insult? Hee. Carry on.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM

She is hypersensitive to everything said here. Some of our fearlessleader’s whoppers:

“What does that mean, exactly?”

“I get that you’re on the right side of this issue, and I hate to jump on you, but can we stop with comments like this?

Rape isn’t about a lack of “game.” Rape isn’t about wanting to “get laid.” Rape is a crime of violence, and the more we talk about it dudebro terms like this, the more we help create a society in which it continues to happen.”

My point was that none of the things she responded to warranted such a “high horse” tone in her correcting other people. My Gloria Steinem reference wasn’t denigrating to the feminist movement. I respect her very much, but she wouldn’t enjoy herself at a beer chugging competition, and would probably make it unbearable for those in attendance as well. None of the comments here needed someone to take off their glasses in CSI Miami style and say “let me correct you”, which is being done. I have failed to find an instance of fearlessleader in this thread say anything other than correcting statements that don’t need corrected.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

“Chillax bro!” :)

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Hey, detroitfanatic, look what I found: A HBT thread from two years ago in which you made a nasty, insensitive comment about a sex scandal, and then accused the commenters who disagreed with you of “playing the high moral ground card”:

Everything old is new again!

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Yep. I was an asshole jokingly made a shitty comment 2 years ago. Do you see any comments like that here? I’d try to find stuff that you’ve said 2 years ago, but you haven’t said anything. You just correct what other people say.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Well-played, detroitfanatic: If I point out that I’ve made hundreds of HBT comments, most of them purely baseball-related, then I’m in the position of, yes, CORRECTING YOU! A girl can’t win around here…..

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I was wrong. Very very wrong. I’ve since learned that those jokes aren’t funny. That was horrible. I don’t say or think like that any more. I still get pissed when someone makes something of nothing. That was a crude comment. You have the right to be pissed at me for comments I made 2 years ago. But nothing in this particular thread deserves your condescending attitude. There are no “detroitfanatic” comments here.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I really fail to see how “I understand your point, but respectfully” and “I get that you’re on the right side of this issue, and I hate to jump on you” are hostile and condescending as opposed to polite disagreement. But I do appreciate how you respect that killjoy anti-beer-chugging nag Gloria Steinem. Good to know. Otherwise, I might’ve thought you hated outspoken women who don’t just take it or who are too uppity to give you a pass when you say dumb stuff. I think you’re just mad and will see this differently after you have a beer and cool off. I recommend Stella — she’s a good one. I appreciate that you’ve evolved on this issue and hope you just look at this as another opportunity to learn about choosing words wisely instead of getting your back up. We’re on the same team here, really.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I don’t like how she took my quotes, as well as other people’s here, and paraphrased them onto her blog “http://ablogoftheirown.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/dont-be-an-almost-ally/#comment-548″

That is why I am pissed. If you quote me, fine, but don’t take half my quote and use it to point out how I and other people here don’t take rape seriously. She surprisingly (sarcasm) didn’t use a quote from a woman (natslady) who got more down votes than many others she used.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Well, okay. I specifically didn’t include the link and/or your username because I didn’t want to make you out to be the bad guy when you were just expressing a very common if somewhat misguided sentiment. But thanks for linking to my blog, I guess….?

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Here is how it actually played out:
        detroitfanatic: Sad. To be 23 and know that your life is over. I at least understand the idea of murder. I hated that person so much…. I will never understand rape.

response:
        fearlessleader: “I understand your point, but respectfully, if the allegations are true, this is much sadder for the victim than for the perpetrators.”

response:
        detroitfanatic: Of course it is. I didn’t mean it wasn’t. I think the whole situation is sad. A young woman was raped, which is horrible. Young people who will never know freedom again, and deservedly so, is also sad to me.

Here is how I am quoted on her blog:
        I want to call attention to a kind of reaction that’s simultaneously better and worse—less overtly misogynistic and cruel, but more subtly damaging, in a way, because it’s offered in an ostensibly supportive spirit. I’m talking about those folks who agree that rape is a very, very bad thing….but who have their reasons all wrong. They are the Almost-Allies, and they’re so close to being real allies that they might as well just go all the way.

“Sad. To be 23 and know that your life is over.” (Wait? Fearless. That’s it? What happened to the rest?)

That is sad. It’s especially sad when you’re 23 and you know your life is over because, say, you have terminal cancer. It’s a lot less sad when your life is over because you made the choice to commit a violent crime and now you’re facing a lengthy prison term. You know what else is really sad? Being raped. In fact, it’s even sadder to me than being the rapist

All this is said after writing “

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

That’s because her post was not about any connection between free time and violence.

See, you’re just making this about your ego. Let it go. If you want anyone to not to think badly of you, having a fit won’t help. Say: Have a nice day — and mean it. And, then don’t defend anyone for making stupid rape jokes again.

And, don’t mind the thumb votes. They’ll make you crazy.

Dammit, the game’s on, bro. Eat ‘em up, Tigers.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Historio,
        As long as we are nit picking and pointing fingers, I’m going to nit pick and point fingers. You called me “uppity”. You should google the connotations of that word, and get it out of your vocabulary. I am from Detroit. There are a lot of African Americans from Detroit.

Maybe fearless can do a post about how historiophiliac is a racist? You probably wouldn’t like it would you?

Me either.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Dude, now you have to work on your reading comprehension because I did not call you uppity. I said I thought you might be suggesting feminists were uppity for calling you out.

I’m trying to be understanding here, but you’re having fits like a boy and that makes it hard. Just stop.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Let’s just call a truce historio.
        I said misogynistic comments, and you said racist comments. I can live with that.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Have a nice night.

• Reflex - Aug 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Detroit – I must commend you on your personal growth since late 2011, how you are handling yourself in this thread demonstrates a nuanced and grounded understanding of how to discuss sensitive topics on the internet and how to respond to personal criticism.

Kudos to you sir, and kudos again.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Thanks Reflex. Since we are taking every word literal here, I appreciate your heartfelt sincerity.

• historiophiliac - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Oh, yeah, ha ha. It sucks when you’re hard up and you really need to get off by terrorizing someone.

/s

• stlouis1baseball - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I didn’t miss the point. I knew exactly what Shafer was getting at.
        Granted…what he was getting at was in poor taste. Regardless, I thought she may have truly missed his point. Which is why I attempted to translate it a little more…cleanly.

Separately: Going to the Cardinals game tomorrow. Sure hope it turns out better than the game in I went to in the Lou’ a couple of weeks ago! And for the record…I am not wearing my powder blue 82′ Ozzie Smith jersey. I don’t think I could stomach going 0 – 6 in that thing.

You have a nice day as well Philiac.

• timothynoble41 - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hell, I played freshman baseball in high school and got laid. Lost my virginity that way.

• sabatimus - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Admins: get this jackass out of here.

11. tomtravis76 - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

They deserve everything they get if it is true, but if the duke case taught us anything, let the story unfold a bit more.

12. banger60 - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

pro-athlete gangsta mentality shows its evil head again, let’s not forget the victims!

13. icanspeel - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I am not defending them by any means, but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? It’s 1 thing to be charged, but another to be convicted.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

That’s in a court of law. When they have their trial, they will be presumed innocent, until found guilty or not guilty. They are still subject to public ridicule and discipline from their employer. And they will still be subject to any bond requirements that they have agreed to, if and when they are freed on bail.

14. stlouis1baseball - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Wow…1st degree rape charges and the potential for life in prison.
    These scumbags must have really did a number on that poor woman.
    My guess…
    If/when they go to prison they are gonna’ know exactly how she felt.

• natslady - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Exactly what I thought when I saw the charges. That is heavy duty bad.

15. albie23 - Aug 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

It’s probably just another Denver girl crying wolf like the Kobe situation!! WTF was she doing alone in an apartment with 2 guys anyway?? If they are guilty then I hope they get what they have coming but if not, I hope she’s given jail time.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Kobe.
      Duke Kids.
      Dominique Strauss Kahn.
      Half of Maury’s guests “Are NOT the father.”

• yahmule - Aug 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Go fuck yourself, asshole. I’m sure nobody else will.

• sabatimus - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

You’ll probably get warned by HBT for this comment. Unfortunately.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Yahmule, apologies—I played a large part in putting detroitfanatic in his current crappy mood. He’s having a rough day.

• yahmule - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM

My comment was really directed at albie23, who managed to out-stupid everybody in just three sentences.

The bright side is I discovered and bookmarked your blog.

• fearlessleader - Aug 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I figured that out after I replied! Sorry/thanks. :)

16. hitdog042 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Let’s keep in mind these guys are innocent until proven guilty. Reading the posts they are already convicted. Geesh. Yes it’s horrible. They deserve it if they are guilty. But that verdict is not in.

17. seanb20124 - Aug 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If they had Kobe Bryant money, they could cut a check their way out of it.

18. skipbaylesslovesmen - Aug 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM

These two have world by balls and couldn’t be bigger pieces of trash. Rape is such a horrible and disgusting crime. Life without parole sounds about right.

Puts the Riley Cooper and A-Rod in perspective. What they did was bad but nothing like these two dirt bags. I hope they get raped in the grey bar motel.

• detroitfanatic - Aug 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

That last comment just got you on fearless’ blog.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet