Aug 3, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Alex Cobb‘s return from a concussion hit a minor snag last week due to a blister on his right index finger, but he’s ready to return to game action.
Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Cobb will resume a minor league rehab assignment tonight for High-A Charlotte, throwing around four innings or 65 pitches. The right-hander hasn’t pitched for the Rays since he was hit in the head by a line drive back on June 15. He was set to make his first rehab start on July 23, but lasted just two pitches before leaving with the blister.
Cobb, who has a 3.01 ERA in 13 starts this season, figures to make at least two starts in the minors before being activated. Assuming Matt Moore can make it back from a sore left elbow with no issues, the Rays will soon have to decide whether Chris Archer or Roberto Hernandez will stick in the rotation.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)