Aug 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
CSN’s Paul Gutierrez is reporting that the Athletics have acquired relief pitcher Fernando Nieve from the Indians for cash considerations. Nieve turned 31 years old on July 15 and has spent the entirety of the season with Triple-A Columbus, posting a 1.81 ERA with 55 strikeouts and 12 walks in 44 and two-thirds innings of work.
Nieve last pitched in the Majors in 2010 with the Mets. In the time since, he has spent time in Triple-A with the Astros, Dodgers, and Indians. He will join the Athletics’ Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)