Aug 3, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
CSN’s Paul Gutierrez is reporting that the Athletics have acquired relief pitcher Fernando Nieve from the Indians for cash considerations. Nieve turned 31 years old on July 15 and has spent the entirety of the season with Triple-A Columbus, posting a 1.81 ERA with 55 strikeouts and 12 walks in 44 and two-thirds innings of work.
Nieve last pitched in the Majors in 2010 with the Mets. In the time since, he has spent time in Triple-A with the Astros, Dodgers, and Indians. He will join the Athletics’ Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27