Aug 3, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter will sit out the remainder of his team’s series in San Diego against the Padres due to a calf problem, reports Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger. Jeter went 1-for-4 with a single in the series opener last night. Overall, he has three hits, including a solo home run, in 17 plate appearances since returning. They expect Jeter to return to the lineup on Monday against the White Sox.
This is the third time this season Jeter will miss time due to an injury. He missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from a broken ankle suffered in the ALDS last year. He made his season debut on July 11, but went back on the shelf with a strained right quadriceps. He has played in five of his team’s 108 games entering tonight.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)