Aug 3, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter will sit out the remainder of his team’s series in San Diego against the Padres due to a calf problem, reports Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger. Jeter went 1-for-4 with a single in the series opener last night. Overall, he has three hits, including a solo home run, in 17 plate appearances since returning. They expect Jeter to return to the lineup on Monday against the White Sox.
This is the third time this season Jeter will miss time due to an injury. He missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from a broken ankle suffered in the ALDS last year. He made his season debut on July 11, but went back on the shelf with a strained right quadriceps. He has played in five of his team’s 108 games entering tonight.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)