Aug 3, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter will sit out the remainder of his team’s series in San Diego against the Padres due to a calf problem, reports Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger. Jeter went 1-for-4 with a single in the series opener last night. Overall, he has three hits, including a solo home run, in 17 plate appearances since returning. They expect Jeter to return to the lineup on Monday against the White Sox.
This is the third time this season Jeter will miss time due to an injury. He missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from a broken ankle suffered in the ALDS last year. He made his season debut on July 11, but went back on the shelf with a strained right quadriceps. He has played in five of his team’s 108 games entering tonight.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)