Aug 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Athletics catcher John Jaso was placed on the 7-day disabled list last Thursday after he suffered a concussion from taking foul tips off the mask in back-to-back games. Nine days later, he isn’t making much progress.
Jaso told Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com that he’s still experiencing ringing in his ears when he wakes up, as if he was at a “rock concert the night before.” Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that he’ll undergo more extensive testing Monday, but he won’t fly with the team when they begin their upcoming roadtrip and will need to be cleared by MLB doctors before returning to game action. Derek Norris and Stephen Vogt will continue to share playing time behind the plate for AL West-leading Oakland until he’s ready.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team trade, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)