Aug 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
Athletics catcher John Jaso was placed on the 7-day disabled list last Thursday after he suffered a concussion from taking foul tips off the mask in back-to-back games. Nine days later, he isn’t making much progress.
Jaso told Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com that he’s still experiencing ringing in his ears when he wakes up, as if he was at a “rock concert the night before.” Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that he’ll undergo more extensive testing Monday, but he won’t fly with the team when they begin their upcoming roadtrip and will need to be cleared by MLB doctors before returning to game action. Derek Norris and Stephen Vogt will continue to share playing time behind the plate for AL West-leading Oakland until he’s ready.
Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners over the winter in a three-team trade, is batting .271/.387/.372 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 70 games this season.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)