Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was lifted from tonight’s game against the Brewers after grounding out to third base in the top of the sixth. He ran gingerly down the first base line, then was replaced by Roger Bernadina in the bottom half of the inning, per Amanda Comak.
Jayson Werth tweaked his groin. Davey said he will sit tomorrow to make sure he plays against the Braves. Werth hopes to play tomorrow.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 4, 2013
Werth has had a great season, bringing a .309/.379/.507 slash line into tonight’s action. In the event Werth needs a stint on the 15-day disabled list, Tyler Moore could be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Since being sent down on July 7, Moore entered tonight with a 1.176 OPS in 19 games. He homered again tonight, a great sign considering he has a .478 OPS in 113 plate appearances at the Major League level this year.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)