Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was lifted from tonight’s game against the Brewers after grounding out to third base in the top of the sixth. He ran gingerly down the first base line, then was replaced by Roger Bernadina in the bottom half of the inning, per Amanda Comak.
Jayson Werth tweaked his groin. Davey said he will sit tomorrow to make sure he plays against the Braves. Werth hopes to play tomorrow.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 4, 2013
Werth has had a great season, bringing a .309/.379/.507 slash line into tonight’s action. In the event Werth needs a stint on the 15-day disabled list, Tyler Moore could be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Since being sent down on July 7, Moore entered tonight with a 1.176 OPS in 19 games. He homered again tonight, a great sign considering he has a .478 OPS in 113 plate appearances at the Major League level this year.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)