Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was lifted from tonight’s game against the Brewers after grounding out to third base in the top of the sixth. He ran gingerly down the first base line, then was replaced by Roger Bernadina in the bottom half of the inning, per Amanda Comak.
Jayson Werth tweaked his groin. Davey said he will sit tomorrow to make sure he plays against the Braves. Werth hopes to play tomorrow.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 4, 2013
Werth has had a great season, bringing a .309/.379/.507 slash line into tonight’s action. In the event Werth needs a stint on the 15-day disabled list, Tyler Moore could be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Since being sent down on July 7, Moore entered tonight with a 1.176 OPS in 19 games. He homered again tonight, a great sign considering he has a .478 OPS in 113 plate appearances at the Major League level this year.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 4
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 37
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)