Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was lifted from tonight’s game against the Brewers after grounding out to third base in the top of the sixth. He ran gingerly down the first base line, then was replaced by Roger Bernadina in the bottom half of the inning, per Amanda Comak.
Jayson Werth tweaked his groin. Davey said he will sit tomorrow to make sure he plays against the Braves. Werth hopes to play tomorrow.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 4, 2013
Werth has had a great season, bringing a .309/.379/.507 slash line into tonight’s action. In the event Werth needs a stint on the 15-day disabled list, Tyler Moore could be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Since being sent down on July 7, Moore entered tonight with a 1.176 OPS in 19 games. He homered again tonight, a great sign considering he has a .478 OPS in 113 plate appearances at the Major League level this year.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29