Jayson Werth day-to-day with groin injury

Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT

Jayson Werth AP AP

Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was lifted from tonight’s game against the Brewers after grounding out to third base in the top of the sixth. He ran gingerly down the first base line, then was replaced by Roger Bernadina in the bottom half of the inning, per Amanda Comak.

Werth has had a great season, bringing a .309/.379/.507 slash line into tonight’s action. In the event Werth needs a stint on the 15-day disabled list, Tyler Moore could be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Since being sent down on July 7, Moore entered tonight with a 1.176 OPS in 19 games. He homered again tonight, a great sign considering he has a .478 OPS in 113 plate appearances at the Major League level this year.

1. daveeproc - Aug 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

This is moderately misleading. This is the same groin injury Werth played through last month. Davey said he’ll get tomorrow off and should be good to go for Monday. It was mostly precautionary to take him out.

• margaretaimai - Aug 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBang,,Com

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

2. daveeproc - Aug 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Jayson Werth tweaked his groin. Davey said he will sit tomorrow to make sure he plays against the Braves. Werth hopes to play tomorrow.— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 4, 2013

• Bill Baer - Aug 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Thanks. Had this post in the queue before that tweet came out.

• historiophiliac - Aug 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM