Nelson Cruz exits game with injury

Aug 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT

cruz_nelson

Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz came up limping after running out a ground out in the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Athletics. Cruz, who went 0-for-4, was replaced by Craig Gentry, who went to center while Leonys Martin took Cruz’s position in right field. The Rangers went on to drop the game 4-2.

Cruz, who entered the afternoon with an .845 OPS, should have plenty of time to recuperate from his injury as he is one of a handful of players expected to be suspended by Major League Baseball on Monday for their involvement in the Biogenesis scandal. The suspension (and injury) comes at a bad time as the Rangers just had their five-game winning streak snapped, cutting their deficit to the Athletics in the AL West from six games to three games in the process. The Rangers failed to procure an outfielder before the July 31 trade deadline and will have to rely on internal options for the foreseeable future. It remains possible they could add an outfielder via waivers before the August 31 deadline.

1. patsbruin1021 - Aug 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Time for some manny being manny

• margaretaimai - Aug 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBang,,Com

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

2. nagrommit - Aug 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Headed to the 50-Day Disabled List.

3. buffal0sportsfan - Aug 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM

His leg couldn’t handle the weight of his looming suspension.

4. pisano - Aug 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM

He’ll have plenty of time to heal, like 50 games. Ciao, ciao bambino.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet