Aug 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
In the top of the fourth with the Blue Jays leading 1-0, Jose Bautista hit Tommy Hanson‘s 1-0 offering deep to left field with home run distance. Angels left fielder J.B. Shuck ranged back, timed his leap perfectly directly above the 330-foot marker, and snagged the ball just before falling into a sea of Angels fans behind the fence. Shuck completely disappeared from view of the camera before miraculously reappearing unscathed, with ball in tow.
Expect to see this on plenty of “best plays of the year” montages.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)