Aug 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
In the top of the fourth with the Blue Jays leading 1-0, Jose Bautista hit Tommy Hanson‘s 1-0 offering deep to left field with home run distance. Angels left fielder J.B. Shuck ranged back, timed his leap perfectly directly above the 330-foot marker, and snagged the ball just before falling into a sea of Angels fans behind the fence. Shuck completely disappeared from view of the camera before miraculously reappearing unscathed, with ball in tow.
Expect to see this on plenty of “best plays of the year” montages.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 114
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)