Aug 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
In the top of the fourth with the Blue Jays leading 1-0, Jose Bautista hit Tommy Hanson‘s 1-0 offering deep to left field with home run distance. Angels left fielder J.B. Shuck ranged back, timed his leap perfectly directly above the 330-foot marker, and snagged the ball just before falling into a sea of Angels fans behind the fence. Shuck completely disappeared from view of the camera before miraculously reappearing unscathed, with ball in tow.
Expect to see this on plenty of “best plays of the year” montages.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)