Report: Alex Rodriguez to receive suspension Monday, through 2014 season

Aug 3, 2013, 9:00 PM EST

A source told Outside the Lines that Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will be suspended by Major League Baseball on Monday. It is expected that Rodriguez will be suspended through the 2014 season. Rodriguez just had his 38th birthday, so if he is to return after his suspension, he would be 40 years old when the 2015 season ends.

An important detail:

Rodriguez has already stated that he plans to appeal any suspension.

Speaking to the media after last night’s rehab game with the Trenton Thunder, Rodriguez said he felt he could play another five years. He currently has 647 career home runs to his name, 13 shy of tying Willie Mays in fourth place on the all-time list. Assuming relatively good health, Rodriguez likely would have easily moved atop Mays in 2014.

Outside the Lines also learned that up to 12 additional players will receive 50-game suspensions without appeal.

1. maddogg911 - Aug 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Just legalize it already! Players are entertainers and nothing more!

• hadiharli - Aug 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBang,,C om

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

• raysfan1 - Aug 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

This idiot is spamming every post. Can we please get him blocked?,

2. andrewcaraven123 - Aug 4, 2013 at 6:20 AM

my roomate’s step-aunt makes $79 hourly on the laptop. She has been out of work for 7 months but last month her payment was $13777 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more BAM21.com

3. jackrabbit56 - Aug 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Hey, if A-Rod does in fact receive a ban through 2014 with no chance of appeal, will he be eligible to draw unemployment?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Aug 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM

In a very narrow sense – yes. As long as he is actively seeking employment each week. Problem is I am sure he is deriving income from investments, not to mention endrosements (unless they all get dropped too)….so there goes the UI

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5408)