Aug 3, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt suffered a setback in his quest to recover from a strained left hamstring. Troy Renck reports that the veteran right-hander had to quit a simulated game after two batters. Oswalt, who has been out since July 8, said “it’s going to take a couple more weeks”, effectively moving his earliest return date to mid-August. Oswalt posted a 7.64 ERA in 17 and two-thirds innings spread out over four starts.
The Rockies could use some rotation help if and when Oswalt returns. They own the National League’s fourth-worst aggregate starting pitching ERA at 4.47. Collin McHugh and Chad Bettis each started for the club recently, becoming the ninth and tenth pitchers to make a start in a Rockies uniform this season.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 34
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)