Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
There’s no stopping the red-hot Dodgers. They defeated the Cubs by the score of 6-2 at Wrigley Field yesterday afternoon to move 10 games over .500 for the first time this season.
Hyun-Jin Ryu matched a season-high by giving up 11 hits, but managed to escape with just two runs scoring over 5 2/3 innings. He’s now 10-3 with a 3.15 ERA in 21 starts. Making his return to Chicago, Carlos Marmol pitched a scoreless ninth inning to finish off the victory. Well, of course he did.
Your Friday box scores:
Royals 2, Mets 4 (11 innings)
Astros 3, Twins 4 (14 innings)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)