Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
There’s no stopping the red-hot Dodgers. They defeated the Cubs by the score of 6-2 at Wrigley Field yesterday afternoon to move 10 games over .500 for the first time this season.
Hyun-Jin Ryu matched a season-high by giving up 11 hits, but managed to escape with just two runs scoring over 5 2/3 innings. He’s now 10-3 with a 3.15 ERA in 21 starts. Making his return to Chicago, Carlos Marmol pitched a scoreless ninth inning to finish off the victory. Well, of course he did.
Your Friday box scores:
Royals 2, Mets 4 (11 innings)
Astros 3, Twins 4 (14 innings)
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40