Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
There’s no stopping the red-hot Dodgers. They defeated the Cubs by the score of 6-2 at Wrigley Field yesterday afternoon to move 10 games over .500 for the first time this season.
Hyun-Jin Ryu matched a season-high by giving up 11 hits, but managed to escape with just two runs scoring over 5 2/3 innings. He’s now 10-3 with a 3.15 ERA in 21 starts. Making his return to Chicago, Carlos Marmol pitched a scoreless ninth inning to finish off the victory. Well, of course he did.
Your Friday box scores:
Royals 2, Mets 4 (11 innings)
Astros 3, Twins 4 (14 innings)
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)