Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
There’s no stopping the red-hot Dodgers. They defeated the Cubs by the score of 6-2 at Wrigley Field yesterday afternoon to move 10 games over .500 for the first time this season.
Hyun-Jin Ryu matched a season-high by giving up 11 hits, but managed to escape with just two runs scoring over 5 2/3 innings. He’s now 10-3 with a 3.15 ERA in 21 starts. Making his return to Chicago, Carlos Marmol pitched a scoreless ninth inning to finish off the victory. Well, of course he did.
Your Friday box scores:
Royals 2, Mets 4 (11 innings)
Astros 3, Twins 4 (14 innings)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)