Aug 3, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Everth Cabrera is one of a handful of players expected to be suspended for ties to Biogenesis and PEDs, so it appears that the Padres are getting an insurance policy in place. Cedeno would give them another option to play shortstop alongside Alexi Amarista and Logan Forsythe.
Cedeno was released by the Astros last week after batting .220/.260/.298 with one home run and 12 RBI in 155 plate appearances this season. The 30-year-old has a .245 batting average and .641 OPS over nine seasons in the majors.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)