Carlos Gonzalez may be placed on the disabled list with finger injury

Aug 4, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT

Carlos Gonzalez AP

Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez had been out of the lineup for the first three games of August due to a nagging finger injury, but was back in today as his team wrapped up their weekend set in Pittsburgh against the Pirates. He went 1-for-4 with a single, but reaggravated the injury in his final at-bat, grounding out weakly to Pedro Alvarez at third base.

Troy Renck of the Denver Post is reporting that Gonzalez may wind up on the disabled list:

“I don’t want to go on the DL. But I can’t swing. I am just a slap hitter, that’s all I can do right now,” said Gonzalez after the Rockies’ 5-1 loss to the Pirates. “It’s right back to where it was (during the Atlanta series).”

Gonzalez suffered the injury in the ninth inning on July 7 against the Diamondbacks. He fouled off the first pitch he saw from reliever Josh Collmenter. He grimaced as he recoiled from the swing and grabbed at his hand. He couldn’t finish the at-bat, so manager Walt Weiss pinch-hit for him with Todd Helton. In the time since, Gonzalez has hit .294, but with dramatically reduced power, hitting just one double and two home runs in 58 trips to the plate.

1. dickclydesdale - Aug 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Little bitch man up and play you pansy!

• ezthinking - Aug 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Dick,

Suck your clydesdale.

• hadiharli - Aug 5, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBang,,Com

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

• yahmule - Aug 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Have you met Dick?

2. xujudadyveg - Aug 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

my friend’s ex-wife makes $84 every hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 9 months but last month her income was $19559 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here’s the site to read more ……. Max47.ℂ­ℴ­ℳ

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS