David Wright is expected to miss 3-5 weeks

Aug 4, 2013, 10:17 AM EST

david wright getty Getty Images

Mets third baseman David Wright was put on the disabled list Saturday with a right hamstring strain.

Now there’s somewhat of a timetable for his return.

According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Wright has been diagnosed with a Grade 3 hamstring strain — which is likely to take 3-5 weeks to recover from. He’ll be aiming to make it back by the end of August but early-September might be more realistic. Justin Turner started at third base on Saturday and Josh Satin is playing third base on Sunday. Daniel Murphy will also see some action at the hot corner.

Wright, 30, is batting .309/.391/.512 with 16 homers and 54 RBI in 105 games this season.

1. buffal0sportsfan - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Whatever happened to Ruben tejada? He tore it up in buffalo and I haven’t heard about him since we switch to the blue jays

• sdelmonte - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I have a feeling that his attitude and that of Valdespin are keeping them in exile.

• dondada10 - Aug 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM

If either of those two were able to produce on the big league level, they’d be there.

• martiangal - Aug 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

More than attitude with Valdespin. Just announced his 50 game suspension due to being involved with that PED clinc.

• sdelmonte - Aug 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Yeah, I think management knew.

And I think ‘Spin has played his last game as a Met.

• hadiharli - Aug 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I BUY ALMOST EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD AND CLOTHING FROM ONLINE AUCTIONS MOST PEOPLE AREN’T AWARE OF THE ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE DEALS THAT THEY CAN GET FROM ONLINE AUCTION SITES THE SITE THAT HAS THE BEST DEALS IS saveBang,,Com

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit.How they can sell gift cards, laptops,
      cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
      I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift

cards for 48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?

• buffal0sportsfan - Aug 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Trollers be trolling

• dickclydesdale - Aug 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

David Wright is a little bitch. Play like a man you wimp!

• buffal0sportsfan - Aug 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You really should look into hamstring injuries dude they are something you can play through so easy.

• martiangal - Aug 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Hamstrings are one of the worst injuries to have – they require a really thorough recovery, even when a player feels better, otherwise they become chronically reinjured. Case in point: Jose Reyes

2. mybrunoblog - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Going to be plenty of available seats at Citi Field. Other than Matt Harvet once every 5 days, not many reasons left to see the Mets.

• sdelmonte - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Zack Wheeler.

And really the rest of the rotation has been good. But Parnell is also hurting, so it might be worthwhile to leave after the 7th.

• dondada10 - Aug 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

If they called up Wilmer Flores I would be on the Grand Central tonight driving to Citi.

3. tbutler704 - Aug 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

God hates my beloved Mets.

4. sophiethegreatdane - Aug 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Well crapola — there go the Mets playoff chances.

• martiangal - Aug 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Which were non-existent to start with, let’s face it. Being a Met fan is like constantly having a paper cut finger soaking in lemon juice.

5. mrznyc - Aug 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM