Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter sat out the final two games of this weekend’s series in San Diego against the Padres with an ailing calf. Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger is reporting that Jeter has been diagnosed with a mild strain of the calf, which portends to keep the Yankee legend out longer than just the weekend.
When asked if Jeter will require a stint on the disabled list, manager Joe Girardi said, “I’m not so sure what we’re going to do.” If needed, it would be Jeter’s third stint on the disabled list this season, compared to appearing in just five games total, accruing all of 21 plate appearances.
Jeter very, very frustrated: "It's been a nightmare. This whole season has been like a nightmare."
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) August 5, 2013
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)