Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter sat out the final two games of this weekend’s series in San Diego against the Padres with an ailing calf. Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger is reporting that Jeter has been diagnosed with a mild strain of the calf, which portends to keep the Yankee legend out longer than just the weekend.
When asked if Jeter will require a stint on the disabled list, manager Joe Girardi said, “I’m not so sure what we’re going to do.” If needed, it would be Jeter’s third stint on the disabled list this season, compared to appearing in just five games total, accruing all of 21 plate appearances.
Jeter very, very frustrated: "It's been a nightmare. This whole season has been like a nightmare."
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) August 5, 2013
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 69
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 161
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (107)