Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter sat out the final two games of this weekend’s series in San Diego against the Padres with an ailing calf. Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger is reporting that Jeter has been diagnosed with a mild strain of the calf, which portends to keep the Yankee legend out longer than just the weekend.
When asked if Jeter will require a stint on the disabled list, manager Joe Girardi said, “I’m not so sure what we’re going to do.” If needed, it would be Jeter’s third stint on the disabled list this season, compared to appearing in just five games total, accruing all of 21 plate appearances.
Jeter very, very frustrated: "It's been a nightmare. This whole season has been like a nightmare."
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) August 5, 2013
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)