Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter sat out the final two games of this weekend’s series in San Diego against the Padres with an ailing calf. Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger is reporting that Jeter has been diagnosed with a mild strain of the calf, which portends to keep the Yankee legend out longer than just the weekend.
When asked if Jeter will require a stint on the disabled list, manager Joe Girardi said, ”I’m not so sure what we’re going to do.” If needed, it would be Jeter’s third stint on the disabled list this season, compared to appearing in just five games total, accruing all of 21 plate appearances.
Jeter very, very frustrated: "It's been a nightmare. This whole season has been like a nightmare."
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) August 5, 2013
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)