Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter sat out the final two games of this weekend’s series in San Diego against the Padres with an ailing calf. Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger is reporting that Jeter has been diagnosed with a mild strain of the calf, which portends to keep the Yankee legend out longer than just the weekend.
When asked if Jeter will require a stint on the disabled list, manager Joe Girardi said, “I’m not so sure what we’re going to do.” If needed, it would be Jeter’s third stint on the disabled list this season, compared to appearing in just five games total, accruing all of 21 plate appearances.
Jeter very, very frustrated: "It's been a nightmare. This whole season has been like a nightmare."
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) August 5, 2013
May 6, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
Tough news for “Kitten Face.”
May 6, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Diamondbacks, Royals, Indians and Mariners.
May 6, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
May 6, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
May 6, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Bonds is a sponsor of a women’s cycling team. And, in cycling, is finding more acceptance and peace than he’s found in baseball in a long, long time.
May 6, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Michael Taylor fills in.
May 6, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
And he’s still only 26 years old.
May 6, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
There’s a chance for some history on the Say-Hey Kid’s 84th birthday.
May 6, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
And he is fully justified in being fed up.
Stephen Strasburg left Tuesday’s start after three innings with “discomfort under his shoulder blade”
May 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“The irritation kind of rattles the cage a little bit.”
May 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two years ago Hochevar a 1.92 ERA and 82/17 K/BB ratio in 70 innings.
May 6, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
In my day we called it a benching.
May 6, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
A new report on the incident suggests that the umpire was just as much an aggressor as Jacoby was.
May 6, 2015, 8:39 AM EDT
We should hear about Verlander’s status sometime today.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 5, 2015, 11:46 PM EDT
The 32-year-old righty is expected to be out 6-8 weeks.
May 5, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
George Springer has been robbing opponents all season, and he did it again Tuesday night …
May 5, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
Some very good news here for the Marlins …
May 5, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Mesoraco is still unable to squat and acknowledged to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer on Tuesday that he might need surgery to get over the injury — a surgery that would come with a four-month rehab.
May 5, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
Frazier’s last five hits have been home runs and he has now leapfrogged Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez for the National League lead in that category (at nine total).
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 17
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 1
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 51
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 139
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (139)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)