Aug 4, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Lilly posted a 5.09 ERA and 1.61 WHIP in 23 innings (five starts) this season for Los Angeles, striking out 18 batters but issuing 10 walks. He’s been bothered most of the summer by chronic neck discomfort.
The 37-year-old southpaw is now a free agent and can sign with any team for the major league minimum. He is healthy at the moment and figures to draw interest given the lack of financial commitment required. The Dodgers still owe him whatever remains on his $13 million salary for 2013.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 23
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 82
- The Lester trade is a win-win 110
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (110)