Aug 4, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Lilly posted a 5.09 ERA and 1.61 WHIP in 23 innings (five starts) this season for Los Angeles, striking out 18 batters but issuing 10 walks. He’s been bothered most of the summer by chronic neck discomfort.
The 37-year-old southpaw is now a free agent and can sign with any team for the major league minimum. He is healthy at the moment and figures to draw interest given the lack of financial commitment required. The Dodgers still owe him whatever remains on his $13 million salary for 2013.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)