Aug 4, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Lilly posted a 5.09 ERA and 1.61 WHIP in 23 innings (five starts) this season for Los Angeles, striking out 18 batters but issuing 10 walks. He’s been bothered most of the summer by chronic neck discomfort.
The 37-year-old southpaw is now a free agent and can sign with any team for the major league minimum. He is healthy at the moment and figures to draw interest given the lack of financial commitment required. The Dodgers still owe him whatever remains on his $13 million salary for 2013.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11