Aug 4, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
The first-place A’s dropped down four bunts — three of them sacrifices — in Saturday’s 4-2 victory over the second-place Rangers. That apparently upset Texas starter Matt Garza, who was spotted yelling at Oakland’s Eric Sogard following a successful squeeze play in the seventh inning and then carried that frustration over to Twitter late Saturday night.
Sogard’s pregnant wife Kaycee was tweeting throughout the A’s win. She may have deleted some posts, but here are the last two entries from her account (you read tweets from bottom to top):
Garza is a married man and a father to two young daughters. In other words, he’s a complete moron.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (157)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)