Aug 4, 2013, 9:31 AM EST
The first-place A’s dropped down four bunts — three of them sacrifices — in Saturday’s 4-2 victory over the second-place Rangers. That apparently upset Texas starter Matt Garza, who was spotted yelling at Oakland’s Eric Sogard following a successful squeeze play in the seventh inning and then carried that frustration over to Twitter late Saturday night.
Sogard’s pregnant wife Kaycee was tweeting throughout the A’s win. She may have deleted some posts, but here are the last two entries from her account (you read tweets from bottom to top):
Garza is a married man and a father to two young daughters. In other words, he’s a complete moron.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 53
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 58
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 55
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)