Aug 4, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
The first-place A’s dropped down four bunts — three of them sacrifices — in Saturday’s 4-2 victory over the second-place Rangers. That apparently upset Texas starter Matt Garza, who was spotted yelling at Oakland’s Eric Sogard following a successful squeeze play in the seventh inning and then carried that frustration over to Twitter late Saturday night.
Sogard’s pregnant wife Kaycee was tweeting throughout the A’s win. She may have deleted some posts, but here are the last two entries from her account (you read tweets from bottom to top):
Garza is a married man and a father to two young daughters. In other words, he’s a complete moron.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)