Aug 4, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
The Rays are 24-6 since June 28 and currently trail the Red Sox by just one game in the AL East.
David Price went nine innings — allowing just one run on five hits and no walks — on Saturday night against the defending World Series-champion Giants and now boasts a 1.57 ERA, 0.59 WHIP and 40/1 K/BB in 57 1/3 frames since returning from a triceps strain on July 2. He didn’t get the win Saturday because the game went into extras. That’s when young slugger Wil Myers continued his heroics.
With the bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the 10th inning, Myers calmly smacked a ball over the drawn-in left fielder’s head, scoring Desmond Jennings on a jog from third base and giving the Rays a 2-1 victory.
Tampa Bay will try for win No. 66 in Sunday afternoon’s series finale.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Royals 4, Mets 3 (12 innings)
Braves 5, Phillies 4 (12 innings)
Giants 1, Rays 2 (10 innings)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)