Aug 4, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
The Rays are 24-6 since June 28 and currently trail the Red Sox by just one game in the AL East.
David Price went nine innings — allowing just one run on five hits and no walks — on Saturday night against the defending World Series-champion Giants and now boasts a 1.57 ERA, 0.59 WHIP and 40/1 K/BB in 57 1/3 frames since returning from a triceps strain on July 2. He didn’t get the win Saturday because the game went into extras. That’s when young slugger Wil Myers continued his heroics.
With the bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the 10th inning, Myers calmly smacked a ball over the drawn-in left fielder’s head, scoring Desmond Jennings on a jog from third base and giving the Rays a 2-1 victory.
Tampa Bay will try for win No. 66 in Sunday afternoon’s series finale.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Royals 4, Mets 3 (12 innings)
Braves 5, Phillies 4 (12 innings)
Giants 1, Rays 2 (10 innings)
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)