Aug 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times brings the news:
Stephen Pryor has been on the disabled list since suffering a lat muscle injury while pitching for the Mariners back in April. But today, he’s been shut down for the remainder of the year with a new and completely different injury to his triceps.
Pryor suffered that triceps injury this weekend while warming up for a rehab start at Triple-A Tacoma. He had an MRI on Saturday and Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Times that Seattle’s medical staff “really didn’t like what they saw.”
Pryor tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings of relief this year for the M’s. He’ll be a pre-arb player in 2014.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (71)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)