Aug 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times brings the news:
Stephen Pryor has been on the disabled list since suffering a lat muscle injury while pitching for the Mariners back in April. But today, he’s been shut down for the remainder of the year with a new and completely different injury to his triceps.
Pryor suffered that triceps injury this weekend while warming up for a rehab start at Triple-A Tacoma. He had an MRI on Saturday and Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Times that Seattle’s medical staff “really didn’t like what they saw.”
Pryor tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings of relief this year for the M’s. He’ll be a pre-arb player in 2014.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)