Aug 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times brings the news:
Stephen Pryor has been on the disabled list since suffering a lat muscle injury while pitching for the Mariners back in April. But today, he’s been shut down for the remainder of the year with a new and completely different injury to his triceps.
Pryor suffered that triceps injury this weekend while warming up for a rehab start at Triple-A Tacoma. He had an MRI on Saturday and Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Times that Seattle’s medical staff “really didn’t like what they saw.”
Pryor tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings of relief this year for the M’s. He’ll be a pre-arb player in 2014.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39