Aug 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times brings the news:
Stephen Pryor has been on the disabled list since suffering a lat muscle injury while pitching for the Mariners back in April. But today, he’s been shut down for the remainder of the year with a new and completely different injury to his triceps.
Pryor suffered that triceps injury this weekend while warming up for a rehab start at Triple-A Tacoma. He had an MRI on Saturday and Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Times that Seattle’s medical staff “really didn’t like what they saw.”
Pryor tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings of relief this year for the M’s. He’ll be a pre-arb player in 2014.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86