Aug 4, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times brings the news:
Stephen Pryor has been on the disabled list since suffering a lat muscle injury while pitching for the Mariners back in April. But today, he’s been shut down for the remainder of the year with a new and completely different injury to his triceps.
Pryor suffered that triceps injury this weekend while warming up for a rehab start at Triple-A Tacoma. He had an MRI on Saturday and Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Times that Seattle’s medical staff “really didn’t like what they saw.”
Pryor tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings of relief this year for the M’s. He’ll be a pre-arb player in 2014.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)