Aug 4, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Yasiel Puig is not in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale at Wrigley Field because of a left thumb contusion.
Puig suffered the injury Saturday while making a leaping catch against the brick and padding along the right field line. It’s not a serious concern and he should be available off the bench Sunday if needed.
The 22-year-old Cuban phenom is hitting .376 with a 1.029 OPS, 23 extra-base hits, seven stolen bases, 25 RBI and 40 runs scored through his first 53 major league games. The Dodgers are 37-16 since his June 3 promotion.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)