Aug 4, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Yasiel Puig is not in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale at Wrigley Field because of a left thumb contusion.
Puig suffered the injury Saturday while making a leaping catch against the brick and padding along the right field line. It’s not a serious concern and he should be available off the bench Sunday if needed.
The 22-year-old Cuban phenom is hitting .376 with a 1.029 OPS, 23 extra-base hits, seven stolen bases, 25 RBI and 40 runs scored through his first 53 major league games. The Dodgers are 37-16 since his June 3 promotion.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)