Several Biogenesis players are stunningly equally ashamed of themselves

Aug 5, 2013, 4:06 PM EST

Jordany Valdespin AP

Here are the official press releases from seven of today’s 13 suspended Biogenesis players. These are words coming straight from the heart, let me tell you.

Antonio Bastardo:

Today, I was notified by Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and will not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made significant errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Phillies’ organization, Phillies’ fans and my family, and look forward to helping the Phillies win a championship in 2014.

Fautino De Los Santos:

I was notified by Major League Baseball that I am to be suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I willingly accept this suspension and will not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain unsound decisions during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those decisions. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Padres’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I look forward to helping the San Diego Padres in 2014.

Sergio Escalona:

I was notified by Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I will accept this suspension and not exercise my right under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I will make every attempt to regain the trust and respect of the Astros’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I am hopeful that I can make significant contributions to the Astros in the 2014 season.

Fernando Martinez:

I have been notified by Major League Baseball that I am to be suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I accept this suspension and will not exercise my right under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made a serious mistake during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for this mistake. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Yankees’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I am hopeful that I can make significant contributions to the Yankees in 2014.

Jesus Montero:

I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain mistakes during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those mistakes. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mariners’ organization, Mariners’ fans and my family. I look forward to making significant contributions to the Mariners in 2014.

Cesar Puello:

Today, I was notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. Out of respect for the Mets’ organization, my teammates, and my family, I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain mistakes during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those mistakes. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mets’ organization, Mets’ fans and my family, and ultimately helping the club win a championship.

Jordany Valdespin:

I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mets’ organization, Mets’ fans and my family, and look forward to contributing to the Mets in 2014.

///

Yes, you guessed it, all seven share the same lawyer.

Latest Posts
  1. Angels, Huston Street expected to exchange offers soon

Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EST

huston street getty Getty Images

MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez has an update on the ongoing extension negotiations between Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto and veteran closer Huston Street …

2. Ji-Man Choi suffered a fractured right fibula

Mar 4, 2015, 11:13 PM EST

ji-man choi getty Getty Images

The Mariners won their Cactus League opener Wednesday against the Padres, but it was not a totally problem-free afternoon in Peoria, Arizona.

3. Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene

Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EST

josh hamilton getty Getty Images

Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.

4. Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play

Mar 4, 2015, 9:52 PM EST

josh hamilton angels getty Getty Images

A four-person panel appointed by Major League Baseball to decide how Josh Hamilton should be handled following his recent relapse that involved at least cocaine has reportedly reached a stalemate.

5. Rays sign reliever Jim Miller to minor league deal

Mar 4, 2015, 9:04 PM EST

jim miller getty Getty Images

The deal includes an invitation to the major league side of spring training, though Miller seems doubtful to win a spot on Tampa Bay’s Opening Day roster.

6. Tim Collins leaves spring debut with tight left elbow

Mar 4, 2015, 8:21 PM EST

tim collins getty Getty Images

Royals reliever Tim Collins missed time last season with a flexor strain in his left elbow and again had an issue with the joint Wednesday in his 2015 Cactus League debut …

7. Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut

Mar 4, 2015, 7:17 PM EST

joc pederson getty Getty Images

It was an enjoyable first day of Cactus League competition for Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson.

8. Masahiro Tanaka expected to make his 2015 Grapefruit League debut on March 12

Mar 4, 2015, 6:22 PM EST

tanaka getty Getty Images

He successfully rehabbed a torn UCL in his right elbow last season and the Yankees’ fingers remain crossed that the 26-year-old from Japan will be able to avoid Tommy John elbow reconstructive surgery.

9. Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments

Mar 4, 2015, 4:18 PM EST

Billy Bean

While it’s clear that the two do not see eye to eye, Billy Bean is choosing to look on the bright side of yesterday’s comments from Daniel Murphy.

10. Meanwhile, they’ll be serving churro dogs at Chase Field this year

Mar 4, 2015, 3:20 PM EST

diamondbacks logo alternate

What’s a churro dog, you ask? Click, my pretties. Click!

11. Athletes should be treated fairly by the press. Even if they’re not friendly to the press.

Mar 4, 2015, 1:26 PM EST

press hat

Athletes oftentimes, don’t see reporters as people. Reporters, oftentimes, don’t see athletes as people. Reporters, however have a duty of objectivity athletes don’t have.

12. A’s announce Coco Crisp is moving to left field

Mar 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EST

coco crisp getty Getty Images

The move leaves Craig Gentry and Sam Fuld to platoon in center field.

13. Phillies don’t expect Chad Billingsley to be ready for Opening Day

Mar 4, 2015, 11:20 AM EST

Los Angeles Dodgers v San Diego Padres Getty Images

Billingsley hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since way back in April of 2013.

14. Now that he’s released, who pays for Joel Hanrahan’s surgery?

Mar 4, 2015, 11:05 AM EST

Joel Hanrahan Getty Getty Images

Today’s news sucks for Joel Hanrahan, but it’s a good basis for an explainer.

15. Orioles catcher Matt Wieters limited to DH duties until mid-March

Mar 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EST

wieters getty Getty Images

Wieters underwent Tommy John elbow surgery in June.

16. Rays name Alex Cobb as Opening Day starter

Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EST

Alex Cobb Getty Getty Images

Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.

17. Before we laud Curt Schilling too much for his attack on corrosive social media . . .

Mar 4, 2015, 9:59 AM EST

Curt Schilling AP

. . . it’s worth remembering that Schilling himself has some issues when it comes to sensitivity and enlightenment on social media.

1. D. Viciedo (2942)