Several Biogenesis players are stunningly equally ashamed of themselves

Aug 5, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT

Jordany Valdespin AP

Here are the official press releases from seven of today’s 13 suspended Biogenesis players. These are words coming straight from the heart, let me tell you.

Antonio Bastardo:

Today, I was notified by Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and will not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made significant errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Phillies’ organization, Phillies’ fans and my family, and look forward to helping the Phillies win a championship in 2014.

Fautino De Los Santos:

I was notified by Major League Baseball that I am to be suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I willingly accept this suspension and will not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain unsound decisions during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those decisions. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Padres’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I look forward to helping the San Diego Padres in 2014.

Sergio Escalona:

I was notified by Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I will accept this suspension and not exercise my right under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I will make every attempt to regain the trust and respect of the Astros’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I am hopeful that I can make significant contributions to the Astros in the 2014 season.

Fernando Martinez:

I have been notified by Major League Baseball that I am to be suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I accept this suspension and will not exercise my right under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made a serious mistake during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for this mistake. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Yankees’ organization, their fans and most importantly, my family. I am hopeful that I can make significant contributions to the Yankees in 2014.

Jesus Montero:

I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain mistakes during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those mistakes. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mariners’ organization, Mariners’ fans and my family. I look forward to making significant contributions to the Mariners in 2014.

Cesar Puello:

Today, I was notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. Out of respect for the Mets’ organization, my teammates, and my family, I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain mistakes during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those mistakes. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mets’ organization, Mets’ fans and my family, and ultimately helping the club win a championship.

Jordany Valdespin:

I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. I made certain errors in judgment during the 2012 season and I accept full responsibility for those errors. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Mets’ organization, Mets’ fans and my family, and look forward to contributing to the Mets in 2014.

///

Yes, you guessed it, all seven share the same lawyer.

Latest Posts
  1. Justin Verlander threw four simulated innings on Tuesday

May 26, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT

justin verlander getty Getty Images

Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander took what might be the final step before a rehab assignment Tuesday afternoon at Oakland’s O.Co Coliseum …

2. Jean Segura to return from fractured pinkie on Friday

May 26, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT

jean segura getty Getty Images

Brewers shortstop Jean Segura appeared to be in for an extended absence when he landed on the disabled list May 14 with a fracture in the pinkie on his throwing hand …

3. So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on …

May 26, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT

uribe getty Getty Images

FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the trade is done and is only awaiting approval from the commissioner’s office.

4. Video: Hunter Pence hit a laser beam homer in Milwaukee

May 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT

hunter pence getty Getty Images

Check out this laser shot that Hunter Pence crushed Tuesday night at Milwaukee’s Miller Park …

5. Video: Josh Harrison recovers to make a sweet grab

May 26, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT

josh harrison getty Getty Images

This wasn’t really a great catch by Josh Harrison because he bungled the route, but it did look cool …

6. Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild

May 26, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT

amaro getty Getty Images

Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. told Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com Monday that he is tired of fans who “bitch and complain” about the moves made by his front office. He went on an apology tour for those comments Tuesday …

7. Matt Harvey fine to start Friday night against the Marlins after reports of “dead arm” problem

May 26, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT

matt harvey getty Getty Images

Mets ace Matt Harvey had the worst start of his young major league career on Saturday against the Pirates, surrendering seven runs in four innings, and manager Terry Collins indicated a few days later that Harvey is fighting through a period of “dead arm.”

8. Brandon Phillips reaggravated his turf toe

May 26, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT

brandon phillips getty Getty Images

Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips missed back-to-back games earlier this month after being diagnosed with a painful case of turf toe in his left foot, and now the problem has resurfaced.

9. Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday

May 26, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT

Jonathan Lucroy Getty Getty Images

Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP voting last season.

10. Charter Communications to offer Dodgers broadcasts to its customers in Southern California

May 26, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT

dodgers logo

Charter Communications customers in Glendale, Burbank, Malibu and Long Beach will be getting the Dodgers’ network within the next few weeks.

11. Casey McGehee accepts Giants’ demotion to Triple-A

May 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT

casey mcgehee getty Getty Images

McGehee and his $4.8 million salary predictably cleared waivers.

12. Royals lead the way in the first round of American League All-Star balloting

May 26, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT

All-Star Logo

Five starting positions out of nine slots currently belong to Royals players.

13. Johnny Cueto’s MRI comes back clean

May 26, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT

Johnny Cueto Getty Images

Good news for the Reds’ biggest trade chit — er, I mean, for their ace.

14. Video: Suuuuure, pitchers use foreign substances because they just want a better grip

May 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT

will smith substance arm

In other news, why do we take pitchers at their word when they claim that they’re not really trying to get something extra on the ball?

15. Finger sprain sends Michael Morse to Marlins’ disabled list

May 26, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT

Michael Morse Marlins Getty Images

Signed to a two-year, $16 million deal this offseason, Morse has hit just .211 with two homers and a .557 OPS in 37 games.

16. Orioles prospect Dylan Bundy has more arm problems

May 26, 2015, 1:28 PM EDT

dylan bundy orioles getty Getty Images

Bundy was scratched from his scheduled start at Double-A.

1. J. Hamilton (3457)