Aug 5, 2013, 9:53 AM EST
We’ve talked about A-Rod forever. Ryan Braun is already suspended. We have chewed over Nelson Cruz and the Bartolo-Melky crew for some time. But T.J. Quinn reports that we may still get some surprises this afternoon:
Expect ABOUT 12 other suspensions today, making about 14 total for major leaguers. Several are new names Bosch gave MLB in last 8 weeks.
— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) August 5, 2013
Key players on playoff teams are going to be the most interesting ones to watch, obviously, but is it wrong of me to sorta wish for some narrative-changers? Guys who are generally thought of as upstanding citizens whose inclusion on the Biogenesis hit list will give the public and media whiplash? I mean, we gotta have some fun with this, right?
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)