Aug 5, 2013, 9:53 AM EDT
We’ve talked about A-Rod forever. Ryan Braun is already suspended. We have chewed over Nelson Cruz and the Bartolo-Melky crew for some time. But T.J. Quinn reports that we may still get some surprises this afternoon:
Expect ABOUT 12 other suspensions today, making about 14 total for major leaguers. Several are new names Bosch gave MLB in last 8 weeks.
— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) August 5, 2013
Key players on playoff teams are going to be the most interesting ones to watch, obviously, but is it wrong of me to sorta wish for some narrative-changers? Guys who are generally thought of as upstanding citizens whose inclusion on the Biogenesis hit list will give the public and media whiplash? I mean, we gotta have some fun with this, right?
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)