Aug 5, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
It seems like good news all around for the Dodgers on Monday. Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup after sitting out Sunday’s game with a thumb injury, and Hanley Ramirez is hopeful of avoiding the disabled lisI after jamming his shoulder yesterday.
Manager Don Mattingly said Ramirez’s shoulder “felt a lot better this morning.” The Dodgers did call up Dee Gordon prior to the game anyway, giving them some added protection at shortstop with Ramirez heals. Right-hander Stephen Fife was sent down to make room.
With Ramirez absent, Nick Punto is starting at shortstop and batting eighth tonight. Puig is back in the cleanup spot.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)