Aug 5, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
It seems like good news all around for the Dodgers on Monday. Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup after sitting out Sunday’s game with a thumb injury, and Hanley Ramirez is hopeful of avoiding the disabled lisI after jamming his shoulder yesterday.
Manager Don Mattingly said Ramirez’s shoulder “felt a lot better this morning.” The Dodgers did call up Dee Gordon prior to the game anyway, giving them some added protection at shortstop with Ramirez heals. Right-hander Stephen Fife was sent down to make room.
With Ramirez absent, Nick Punto is starting at shortstop and batting eighth tonight. Puig is back in the cleanup spot.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 43
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)