Aug 5, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
It seems like good news all around for the Dodgers on Monday. Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup after sitting out Sunday’s game with a thumb injury, and Hanley Ramirez is hopeful of avoiding the disabled lisI after jamming his shoulder yesterday.
Manager Don Mattingly said Ramirez’s shoulder “felt a lot better this morning.” The Dodgers did call up Dee Gordon prior to the game anyway, giving them some added protection at shortstop with Ramirez heals. Right-hander Stephen Fife was sent down to make room.
With Ramirez absent, Nick Punto is starting at shortstop and batting eighth tonight. Puig is back in the cleanup spot.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)