Aug 5, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
It seems like good news all around for the Dodgers on Monday. Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup after sitting out Sunday’s game with a thumb injury, and Hanley Ramirez is hopeful of avoiding the disabled lisI after jamming his shoulder yesterday.
Manager Don Mattingly said Ramirez’s shoulder “felt a lot better this morning.” The Dodgers did call up Dee Gordon prior to the game anyway, giving them some added protection at shortstop with Ramirez heals. Right-hander Stephen Fife was sent down to make room.
With Ramirez absent, Nick Punto is starting at shortstop and batting eighth tonight. Puig is back in the cleanup spot.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)