Aug 6, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that the Angels will call up Green for tonight’s game, adding the 24-year-old infielder to the roster for what will likely be his first extended opportunity in the big leagues. And he may play second base regularly depending on Howie Kendrick‘s knee injury.
Green, who was the 13th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of USC, played six games at Triple-A for the Angels following the trade. He also played 87 games at Triple-A for the A’s before the trade and has hit .326 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS in 93 total games there this season. Callaspo is certainly more of a sure thing to be a solid contributor down the stretch this year and that’s what the A’s were looking for, but the Angels did well to pick up Green and it makes sense to give him a long look now.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)