Aug 6, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that the Angels will call up Green for tonight’s game, adding the 24-year-old infielder to the roster for what will likely be his first extended opportunity in the big leagues. And he may play second base regularly depending on Howie Kendrick‘s knee injury.
Green, who was the 13th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of USC, played six games at Triple-A for the Angels following the trade. He also played 87 games at Triple-A for the A’s before the trade and has hit .326 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS in 93 total games there this season. Callaspo is certainly more of a sure thing to be a solid contributor down the stretch this year and that’s what the A’s were looking for, but the Angels did well to pick up Green and it makes sense to give him a long look now.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)