Aug 6, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that the Angels will call up Green for tonight’s game, adding the 24-year-old infielder to the roster for what will likely be his first extended opportunity in the big leagues. And he may play second base regularly depending on Howie Kendrick‘s knee injury.
Green, who was the 13th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of USC, played six games at Triple-A for the Angels following the trade. He also played 87 games at Triple-A for the A’s before the trade and has hit .326 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS in 93 total games there this season. Callaspo is certainly more of a sure thing to be a solid contributor down the stretch this year and that’s what the A’s were looking for, but the Angels did well to pick up Green and it makes sense to give him a long look now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)