Aug 6, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Bryce Harper apparently didn’t feel right during batting practice on Tuesday evening at Nationals Park, so he shaved clean before first pitch and then launched a solo home run in the bottom of the third inning to push the Nats ahead of the Braves 1-0, but Atlanta won 2-1 for a season-high 12th straight win.
Here, via Getty Images, is a photo of Harper and his growing beard from a couple weeks ago:
And here’s the replay of Harper going deep to dead center. Notice the lengthy initial trot:
Harper was hit in the thigh by Braves pitcher Julio Teheran on the first pitch of his next at-bat. He pointed toward Teheran and the benches cleared, but no punches were thrown. Busy night for the 20-year-old.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40