Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
Chris Perez blew last night’s Tigers-Indians game in pretty stellar fashion. Then he left the ballpark before the press could get at him.
Fine. He was mad. Better to take your frustrations out in private, come back to work the next day and start fresh, right?
Closer Chris Perez before Tuesday’s game to reporter, “I’m not talking for the rest of they year. Stop asking.” #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) August 6, 2013
I don’t care personally because, really, what does Perez have to add about his performances, good or bad, that really changes our view of things? But it will make it harder on his teammates who now have to answer questions about him. And the P.R. staff and everyone else you very rarely see who don’t like it when the players and the media don’t play nice.
Steve Carlton could get away with that because he was awesome.Chris Perez is no Steve Carlton. I figure this either ends badly or, as he tends to do, he flakes back in the other direction tomorrow and starts giving interviews again.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)