Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
Chris Perez blew last night’s Tigers-Indians game in pretty stellar fashion. Then he left the ballpark before the press could get at him.
Fine. He was mad. Better to take your frustrations out in private, come back to work the next day and start fresh, right?
Closer Chris Perez before Tuesday’s game to reporter, “I’m not talking for the rest of they year. Stop asking.” #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) August 6, 2013
I don’t care personally because, really, what does Perez have to add about his performances, good or bad, that really changes our view of things? But it will make it harder on his teammates who now have to answer questions about him. And the P.R. staff and everyone else you very rarely see who don’t like it when the players and the media don’t play nice.
Steve Carlton could get away with that because he was awesome.Chris Perez is no Steve Carlton. I figure this either ends badly or, as he tends to do, he flakes back in the other direction tomorrow and starts giving interviews again.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)