Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Chris Perez blew last night’s Tigers-Indians game in pretty stellar fashion. Then he left the ballpark before the press could get at him.
Fine. He was mad. Better to take your frustrations out in private, come back to work the next day and start fresh, right?
Closer Chris Perez before Tuesday’s game to reporter, “I’m not talking for the rest of they year. Stop asking.” #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) August 6, 2013
I don’t care personally because, really, what does Perez have to add about his performances, good or bad, that really changes our view of things? But it will make it harder on his teammates who now have to answer questions about him. And the P.R. staff and everyone else you very rarely see who don’t like it when the players and the media don’t play nice.
Steve Carlton could get away with that because he was awesome.Chris Perez is no Steve Carlton. I figure this either ends badly or, as he tends to do, he flakes back in the other direction tomorrow and starts giving interviews again.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)