Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
Chris Perez blew last night’s Tigers-Indians game in pretty stellar fashion. Then he left the ballpark before the press could get at him.
Fine. He was mad. Better to take your frustrations out in private, come back to work the next day and start fresh, right?
Closer Chris Perez before Tuesday’s game to reporter, “I’m not talking for the rest of they year. Stop asking.” #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) August 6, 2013
I don’t care personally because, really, what does Perez have to add about his performances, good or bad, that really changes our view of things? But it will make it harder on his teammates who now have to answer questions about him. And the P.R. staff and everyone else you very rarely see who don’t like it when the players and the media don’t play nice.
Steve Carlton could get away with that because he was awesome.Chris Perez is no Steve Carlton. I figure this either ends badly or, as he tends to do, he flakes back in the other direction tomorrow and starts giving interviews again.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 17
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 110
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (110)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)