Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Chris Perez blew last night’s Tigers-Indians game in pretty stellar fashion. Then he left the ballpark before the press could get at him.
Fine. He was mad. Better to take your frustrations out in private, come back to work the next day and start fresh, right?
Closer Chris Perez before Tuesday’s game to reporter, “I’m not talking for the rest of they year. Stop asking.” #Indians.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) August 6, 2013
I don’t care personally because, really, what does Perez have to add about his performances, good or bad, that really changes our view of things? But it will make it harder on his teammates who now have to answer questions about him. And the P.R. staff and everyone else you very rarely see who don’t like it when the players and the media don’t play nice.
Steve Carlton could get away with that because he was awesome.Chris Perez is no Steve Carlton. I figure this either ends badly or, as he tends to do, he flakes back in the other direction tomorrow and starts giving interviews again.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)