Aug 6, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
UPDATE, 6:25 p.m. ET: Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says the deal has been called off because the two sides could not come to an agreement on a designated callup date. Lilly remains a free agent.
Los Angeles is paying the remainder of his $12 million salary for this season, so it would be a low-cost flier for San Francisco and the 37-year-old Lilly is expected to pitch at Triple-A if/when the deal is finalized.
Lilly hasn’t been healthy since 2011, but with the Giants currently choosing between Barry Zito and Ryan Vogelsong for the final spot in their rotation Lilly could certainly get a look down the stretch.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)