Aug 6, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
UPDATE, 6:25 p.m. ET: Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish says the deal has been called off because the two sides could not come to an agreement on a designated callup date. Lilly remains a free agent.
Los Angeles is paying the remainder of his $12 million salary for this season, so it would be a low-cost flier for San Francisco and the 37-year-old Lilly is expected to pitch at Triple-A if/when the deal is finalized.
Lilly hasn’t been healthy since 2011, but with the Giants currently choosing between Barry Zito and Ryan Vogelsong for the final spot in their rotation Lilly could certainly get a look down the stretch.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)