In case you were wondering what John Rocker thinks of, well, a lot of stuff today

Aug 6, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT

John Rocker did a Reddit Ask Me Anything today. Which, if you are unfamiliar, is exactly what it sounds like. Of course someone asked him about the A-Rod stuff. I’m sure Rodriguez is happy to have the personal endorsement of John Rocker:

source:

Oh, and remember back when Rocker apologized for all of those stupid comments he made about New Yorkers in that famous Jeff Pearlman interview? Either he was lying about that or else he has decided that his personal brand benefits from being a giant jackwagon:

source:

Shine on you crazy diamond.

1. Stiller43 - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

How can he say its unfortunate how its worked out for a-rod?

He brought everything on himself…

2. paperlions - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don’t have anything to say about Rocker, couldn’t care less about his opinions….but I do have to say that I am digging the ads for….um….*goes to look at ad to see what is was for*….T-shirts! Damn, those are some fine t-shirts. I might just have to leave ABP turned off for HBT.

• ditto65 - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

T-shirts indeed. They must be thermal, ’cause I’m getting all warm inside.

3. jdv22 - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM

‘You haven’t pitched in the majors since you were 28′

HA- awesome.

• yahmule - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM

There must be more gems like that. I’m actually going to read this thing. I hope the sheer stupidity doesn’t cause the wrinkles on my brain to permanently smooth out.

4. kevinbnyc - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I would LOVE to see John Rocker and Alex Rodriguez hanging out. The conversation would be incredible.

5. cocheese000 - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I remember seeing John rocker on pros vs joes. He was winded and laboring after only facing 3 batters

6. biasedhomer - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Most of the people on that forum see him as a joke. And he ends up replying to the troll comments, only to come off as an even bigger joke.
    If his current radio station employers see the comments he wrote, I wonder if they will keep him around.

7. sandrafluke2012 - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

What was the mixup with him and the writer? Did he think the comments would not be printed?

8. nbjays - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You know, Craig, of all the things I have been wondering about today, what John Rocker is thinking comes just about dead last on the list.

• psuorioles - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Then don’t read it…

9. edwardemanuelson - Aug 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Hilarious! Rocker sounds like Kenny Powers! “Yer f’n out!”

10. silversun60 - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Reading through his reddit page is friggin hilarious.
    Thanks, Craig!

11. yahmule - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Submitted without comment.

12. chip56 - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I think the real question on everyone’s mind is: In a world where so many idiots have their own reality shows – how has Rocker been relegated to internet chats?

I would think someone somewhere would tune in to watch Rocker, Canseco, Rob Dibble, Albert Belle, Anna Benson, Craig and Gleeman share a house.

13. aceshigh11 - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

This guy is tailor-made for AM hate radio. He fits in comfortably alongside Limbaugh and Hannity.

• skids003 - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Actually, he fits better by Rachel madcow.

• Kevin S. - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM

You do realize there might not be a single issue John Rocker and Rachel Maddow agree on, right?

• aceshigh11 - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Do you even think about how stupid you’re going to come off before you post?

Please…explain to everyone how a racist, homophobic, uneducated, southern Republican redneck is JUST LIKE a soft-spoken, lesbian, liberal Rhodes Scholar from Massachusetts.

I can’t wait to read how you justify your latest idiotic volley.

14. larrybrown43 - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

It’s fashionable to follow the herd as to whether it’s acceptable to like or hate someone. In sports, if you say things not in-line with sports-talk-radio you’re a pinata. Therefore, the wise athletes stay Jeter bland.

15. yahmule - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

hawks586:
    So you’re not a fan of Davy Lopes then?

johnrocker49:
    That was a horseshit comment. You’ve been sitting there for 15 minutes trying to think of something clever to say and that’s what you come up with. That’s the worst attempt by anyone all day. You must have just the worst social skills. Enjoy living in mom’s basement until your 40 beating off to Bay Watch reruns at 2 in the morning.

cucumber_breath:
    Baywatch? I am glad we are hitting these cultural phenomenons at their height

KingDusty:
    Its like he stepped out of a time machine and just started throwing insults.

16. knowlegeforyou - Aug 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

diamonds don’t shine, they reflect

17. tfbuckfutter - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM

You know what I think of John Rocker?

You can’t tell, but I just sharted.

18. yahmule - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I double dare you to clock this link. SFW, but it will leave a mark.

• tfbuckfutter - Aug 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

He’s going to be super pissed when he sees that he looks like Jake Steinfeld, a suspected Jew.

19. dannymac17 - Aug 6, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The least you could do is link the AMA and not screenshots. Reddit hates screen shots, you just violated rule #1 pal. This aint 9gag.

• dannymac17 - Aug 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Well foot in mouth, the link was bolded but for some reason my chrome didnt let it show up as a link. Apologies.

20. jfk69 - Aug 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Rockers follow up
    As an ignorant hillbilly,I once took a train in NYC and saw the future. They were many Rodriguez types on this mode of transportation. Alex is a friend if mine and remember I was vilified ..I mean misunderstood and picked on too. It was so bad I had to get rid of all my 900 count Percale white bed sheets for fear I would be perceived as racist. I completely stand by Alex and all those players recently caught that were obviously from other countries.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5162)