Aug 6, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Jason Bay went unclaimed on waivers after being designated for assignment last week and the Mariners released him.
Bay didn’t play well overall for Seattle, hitting .204 with 62 strikeouts in 206 at-bats, but he also homered 11 times and may still be able to help some teams as a platoon player against left-handed pitching.
At age 35 it’s pretty safe to say he’s finished as a regular, however, because Bay has hit a combined .229 with a .688 OPS and 320 strikeouts in 356 games since 2010.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)