Aug 6, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Bay went unclaimed on waivers after being designated for assignment last week and the Mariners released him.
Bay didn’t play well overall for Seattle, hitting .204 with 62 strikeouts in 206 at-bats, but he also homered 11 times and may still be able to help some teams as a platoon player against left-handed pitching.
At age 35 it’s pretty safe to say he’s finished as a regular, however, because Bay has hit a combined .229 with a .688 OPS and 320 strikeouts in 356 games since 2010.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)