Aug 6, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Bay went unclaimed on waivers after being designated for assignment last week and the Mariners released him.
Bay didn’t play well overall for Seattle, hitting .204 with 62 strikeouts in 206 at-bats, but he also homered 11 times and may still be able to help some teams as a platoon player against left-handed pitching.
At age 35 it’s pretty safe to say he’s finished as a regular, however, because Bay has hit a combined .229 with a .688 OPS and 320 strikeouts in 356 games since 2010.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)